Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Clutch Not Engaging

jbeer

Hi All,

About a week ago we had an Air Con service and at the weekend it was the first time we had come to use it and noticed that we were not getting the cold air blast we thought we would.

Now having sat quietly in the car whilst it's ticking over I cannot hear the clutch engage/disengage which I'm pretty sure it was doing before the service. Before I call the company back out and potentially have another charge what can I do/check to test to see what the possible problem is?

Thanks - Jason

It could be that when they serviced it they havent sealed the system and its leaked off. If there isn't enough pressure in the system the compressor will not activate. I would take it back to them as the only way to check if there is any pressure in the system is to put a guage on the low pressure pipe with the engine running as far as I know.

back to the company im afraid it worked before the service so it should work now as above it may have not been sealed or even overfilled either will prevent it from working

Cool thanks the replies guys :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club