Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Door Seal

alexh89

Hey guys. The door seal is coming off my mk7 fiesta. I've seen some adhesive stuff on Halfords website, it's called Granville black silicone sealant. Does anyone know if this is safe to use? I.e. well it damage the paint? Link to product is below. Any advice will be much appreciated

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_749365_langId_-1_categoryId_255230#tab1

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Should be fine, just have something handy such as a few sheets of paper towel handy to wipe the excess, as Silicon sealant is usually quite messy stuff.

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm just a bit worried about the paint. Have you used something similar before?

Is this the seal that goes round the top of the door? Mine has started coming off on the drivers side

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes mate that's the one. Mine's literally hanging on and keeps getting caught in the door. I haven't even had the car a month! I've also had my front splitter come half off which the dealer put back on, but is now starting to come off again, and also had the top wing mirror cover pop of while i was cleaning it, which I managed to put back on myself. Not very good that I'm getting bits falling off already lol. I love the car though :-)

This happened to me last month, went to B&Q and got some adhesive glue stuff. Was £5 and is holding so far!

What was it called Tom?

Unibond repair extreme power glue. It's in a Black / yellow tube

Cools thanks mate. And is the paintwork around the seal still ok after using it?

No problem. The paint seems fine to me, can't see what it's like underneath but hopefully won't have to again!

Top man. Thanks for your help

Ah ok. Mine's a 2010 so I think my warranty's up

Ford told me about the fix they did on mine and showed me how.

The seal is actually stuck on to the black plastic trim that folds around the door, where infact it should be stuck to the door it self.

they took my old seal off, cut the plastic that wraps around door under the seal, and stuck the new seal direct on to door.

If you dont understand let me know and i will go take some pictures.

• Like 1

I ok I think I get ya. Mine's stuck to the car not the actual door if that makes sense

Mine was the same, just complain to your local Ford dealer, and show them service bulletin,

It's a known problem, and the ford fix will almost certainly fail over time. Invest in some tigerseal and use that. It won't budge. That's what I've done...

Thanks for the advice guys. I bought some Evo Stik today and it seems to have done the job :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club