Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Power Issues *please Help*

crazyshelby

Hi Guys,

Just with my latest update. I installed the blanking plate in the EGR pipe part. Everything was great for a few days. All the power I'd lost was there and the car was fine. About a week in, the engine warning light came on (which I was warned would happen). I carried on regardless. To look into the engine issues, I bought myself a OBDII adapter to plug in and bought the android software Torque.

On running diags, I get a P0490 - Powertrain fault. This is the main fault I get every 2 - 3 days. However one day the car started stuttering and had a lost of power again. It registered a P2263 Powertrain Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance fault.

Once I clear the codes, everything is fine but I find I am in the situation where I have to plug in/clear codes every few days. I just wondered if you guys thought I was potentially damaging the engine/car computer or whether I am fine to continue with this method? I don't know whether I can leave the OBDII adapter in all the time, or whether this will cause problems/battery drain?

Thanks for any help again, always appreciate it

Paul

might cause battery drain but im not sure as i havent bought anything for my focus as yet. i would check o2 sensor or turbo boost pressure sensor. but im running out of ideas now

Sounds like something else is not helping check the wiring as you may have knocked a wire loose during egr installation?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Ok thanks guys I will check the wiring, as long as the blanking plate is not doing any lasting damage

Hi Guys,

Just with my latest update. I installed the blanking plate in the EGR pipe part. Everything was great for a few days. All the power I'd lost was there and the car was fine. About a week in, the engine warning light came on (which I was warned would happen). I carried on regardless. To look into the engine issues, I bought myself a OBDII adapter to plug in and bought the android software Torque.

On running diags, I get a P0490 - Powertrain fault. This is the main fault I get every 2 - 3 days. However one day the car started stuttering and had a lost of power again. It registered a P2263 Powertrain Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance fault.

Once I clear the codes, everything is fine but I find I am in the situation where I have to plug in/clear codes every few days. I just wondered if you guys thought I was potentially damaging the engine/car computer or whether I am fine to continue with this method? I don't know whether I can leave the OBDII adapter in all the time, or whether this will cause problems/battery drain?

Thanks for any help again, always appreciate it

Paul

Ok thanks guys I will check the wiring, as long as the blanking plate is not doing any lasting damage

It won't be the EGR blanking plate - a correctly fitted blanking plate is highly unlikely to do any damage - it will be something else unrelated / a seperate underlying fault -

EGR plates have been unfairly blamed for causing limp (home) mode, in every case i was involved in of this, when the issue was further persued, it was found to be somthing else causing this, not the EGR blanking plate

It sounds like you have a turbo fault - your VNT mech can get coked up over time (especially if the car is driven round town/ sedately mostly without a regular hard run) - if the VNT gets coked up it can cause too little boost (laggy, loss of power) or too muck boost (ECU puts engine ito limp (home) mode to protect engine due to too much boost when the car is driven harder)