Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Titanium X Business Edition

adambell

After virtually a six month wait my new company car was finally delivered today.

I am now the proud owner of a 2.0 163bhp mondeo titanium x business edition in Panther black.

I ordered the car with Windsor leather interior, rear spoiler, xenon headlights, heated and cooled front seats and the rear seat dvd entertainment system.

My first impression of the car is "wow, what a machine"

The car is so quiet and comfortable I am in genuine shock.

The car looks right in Panther black compared to the silver and white ones I've seen. It just looks much classier.

The touchscreen navigation system is brilliant, not only does it have a quality screen and navigation but it has a great sound quality. Albeit not quite as good as the Bose system that was fitted to my Audi A3 black edition I have just handed back today.

One small query I have relates to the parking aids.

Why is there no visual display on the convers+ screen when reversing to indicate how close you are to something? I would have thought a car of this quality would have such a system.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Do you have a reversing camera or just the sensors?

My Focus has an overlay you can switch on or off, to show how close you are to things.

No camera, just the sensors.

Stick up some pics when you get a minute!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Will do mate

After virtually a six month wait my new company car was finally delivered today.

I am now the proud owner of a 2.0 163bhp mondeo titanium x business edition in Panther black.

I ordered the car with Windsor leather interior, rear spoiler, xenon headlights, heated and cooled front seats and the rear seat dvd entertainment system.

My first impression of the car is "wow, what a machine"

The car is so quiet and comfortable I am in genuine shock.

The car looks right in Panther black compared to the silver and white ones I've seen. It just looks much classier.

The touchscreen navigation system is brilliant, not only does it have a quality screen and navigation but it has a great sound quality. Albeit not quite as good as the Bose system that was fitted to my Audi A3 black edition I have just handed back today.

One small query I have relates to the parking aids.

Why is there no visual display on the convers+ screen when reversing to indicate how close you are to something? I would have thought a car of this quality would have such a system.

Sounds brilliant - I'll have to keep an eye out for it ;)

Looking forward to the pics (inside and out of course).

Paul :)

Just a few pics chapspost-48453-139828073205_thumb.jpgpost-48453-139828074394_thumb.jpgpost-48453-139828075623_thumb.jpgpost-48453-139828076954_thumb.jpgpost-48453-13982807884_thumb.jpgpost-48453-139828080408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That does look nice and I think your right. Black is the right colour.

Thank you, it's taking a bit of getting used to as it feels massive compared to my A3

Nice, black really suits it.

Are you allowed to change anything on it? I always think the honeycomb sport grill suits the current Mondeo really well.

Not sure about the sensors giving a visual indicator then, might be worth digging around in the settings or see if any on screen options appear when the sensors are active.

I tend to agree with you about the grill, I'm not sure if it will look a bit daft tho with the car not having the bumper extensions etc on it.

How do you turn yours on/off? Is yours just the sensors too?

I've looked through the menu and I can't see anything relating to the parking aids at all.

How much do the rear screens cost as an extra?

My missus has a set of those horrible DVD players in mine. Eyesore!

I wonder how hard they are to fit aftermarket??

I think they were something like £1700 as an optionbut to be honest it didn't add too much to my lease payment so I just went with it

I think they were something like £1700 as an optionbut to be honest it didn't add too much to my lease payment so I just went with it

I'll keep an eye out for a second hand set then! Lol

Nice motor. And blacks a lovely colour. Real hard to keep though...

Looks good. The whole DVD setup looks neat too.

I'll keep an eye out for a second hand set then! Lol

Nice motor. And blacks a lovely colour. Real hard to keep though...

I won't be any harder to keep clean than my white A3

• Like 1

you've picked a beauty!, love the DVD setup be great for our grand kids and you'll prefer it to your Audi trust me, I've got to agree Black is the best colour for the TITANIUM X, mines in "Hypnotic Silver" and its nice looks great but my wife as a '09 Fiesta Titanium in panther black and it polish's up brilliant, Am getting a 62 reg 2.0 eco-boost Titanium X Sport powershift next in panther black.

loving the look of it! Whats the difference between the business spec and the standard Tit X?

If I remember rightly it is the touchscreen navigation system, DAB, leather interior at no cost, auto lights, auto wipers, power start.

Maybe a couple of other things I have forgotten.

They'll start to run out of words/letters to add to the trim levels soon, lol.

Titanium X Business Edition with Bells On.

Definitely some nice trims available on the Mondy though, I wish they did the Titanium X Sport trim for the Focus.

sounds like a beauty, but I know what you mean Alex, it wont be long and the Mondeo will be the least popular car on the roads, the Dealers will get fed up of having to write a two page essay on the order form of which version the individual wants :p

I can see it now - "So Sir, you want the Ford Mondeo Econetic Titanium X Business Edition Sport Trim 2.2 TDCi DAB Green Fuel LPG Conversion Hybrid? Are you sure I cant tempt you with the Focus Titanium? it will take them years to process the order form and get the right car here if you go with the Mondeo?"

Did ford not drop a load of models when the business editions were introduced?

• 2 weeks later...

A newbie here and I was beginning to worry reading this thread!. I ordered my Mondeo at the begining of Feb, I was advised it was max 10-12 weeks delivery but recent ones had been 8 weeks. My previous lease ended on the 25th April and so the Mondeo should have been here in time. When the time came I was told it was still about 3 weeks away but at least they lent me a car, albeit a Focus. Anyway the good news is that it should be at the dealer today!! and I can have it tomorrow if we can get the paperwork sorted.

BTW Its a Titanium X Business Edition in Midnight Sky, I've gone for the Alcantara/Leather option on the seats as I'm not a huge fan of leather, especially unheated! and going for the heating option just added another ~£500 and increased the BIK.

I'll post back with my thoughts once I've driven it for a few days.

Hi Ian,

Welcome !! Midnight Sky great colour!!, Have you got full Leather? Or Leather & Saude as in my Titanium X? , thought the heated / aircon seats were standard on Titanium X? I always buy 2+years old can't stand the thought of taking a big hit ££'s on the cars value especially first 12 months of ownership.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

that hit isnt a problem for company cars, but as you say for a new one...