Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Wing Mirror

Vendee

Today, white van man took out my drivers wing mirror on a country road. I've got a new one arriving tomorrow and I wondered if changing it is just a matter of prising off the trim inside the door and unscrewing the mirror unit and electrical connector?

55 plate 2.0 TDCi Titanium.

Thanks in advance.

Unclip the speaker trim and the screws and connections are accessible.

Make sure you don't drop the screws, when I had to replace a mirror on my old MK1 I dropped one into the door and had to pull the door card to get it back.

Today, white van man took out my drivers wing mirror on a country road. I've got a new one arriving tomorrow and I wondered if changing it is just a matter of prising off the trim inside the door and unscrewing the mirror unit and electrical connector?

55 plate 2.0 TDCi Titanium.

Thanks in advance.

We don't care about our wing mirrors so watch out :).people take up so much of the road in country lanes because they can't drive properly it's insane,30% of people are on their phones the other 50 are idiots and I have no idea how they passed a driving test.

Going up a steep hill a year ago in a lwb sprinter,2013 plate Audi q7 coming down,obviously didn't know the size of her motor and got her mirror taken clean off in the road lol.

Moral of the story,give way to big vehicles because you WILL come off worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for that Ben but for your information, I was on my side of the road, I wasn't on my phone and I wasn't speeding. Mr White Van Man had cut the apex of the bend, taking him onto my side of the road. Nowhere for me to go. Couldn't be certain but he was probably on this mobile or possibly just an idiot. I've no idea how he managed to pass his test. Of course I have the advantage of actually being there at the incident (with passengers as witnesses) so I don't have to speculate on what might have happened.

I wasn't aiming it at you lol.if there's no white lines on a country lane then you technically don't have a side of a road and accidents generally go 50/50

We have a chart on the roof of our van,every time we get stuck behind a crap driver or see one we note their car make and model.toyota Prius and auris have made the last 9 ticks.most van and lorry drivers are good drivers,they need to be as their jobs depend on it,there are far more terrible car drivers than anything else though.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC