Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on wiper

MichellefromEssex

Max has just told me that he took the car to Fords yesterday whilst I was in London, they wanted to book it in at first but he was having none of that and demanded a technician come and have a look right there and then - after all it could have rained yesterday! turns out that a coating is applied to these new style wipers and it hadnt been taken off properly off of one of ours, hence the reason why in a bit of heat it melted, he went back into the garage and came out with a cloth and some solution of some sort and wiped the blade to remove the coating completely. Something so small and minor but something that should have been done before delivery and would save us yet another trip back to them.

The drivers side was originally leaving a section around the centre of the wiper unswept, as if it was clear of the glass. It seems to have settled now and sweeps clean fully. Never been a fan of these type of wipers, prefer the good old Bosch Super Plus.

I look mime bk yest for a similar problem - Ma center air vents (inside) had melted a tad they gave me the same answer.

Ah so you experience "melted wiper blade too" lol, at least I know they were not making it up lol

Its going to be hot this weekend and raining on Monday. EVERYONE CHECK YOUR Wiper Blades - STAT! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I will have a look at my blades tomorrow but I have used them cos its rained a little bit since I had the car.

I'm glad you got yours sorted Michelle. I hope there aren't any more problems and you might have a week free from going back to the dealers/mechanics.

I know, I really do not want to have to go back again until Mo needs a service, thing was we assumed they were fine as still cleared windows perfect in the rain, just when temp heated up and Mo was sunbathing for a few hours the problem came about.

the "solution" fords used was nothing out of the ordinary! like i said keeping the wipers regulary cleaned will stop this, trust me as it happened to my mk6 and my ST ive had!

matt