Do Not Sell My Personal Information

car stalls

jack

When my 06 ford fiesta 1.25 style gets warm, after driving about 20 miles When in traffic the rev counter gets erratic and drops well below the 1000 revs mark . Twice it has stalled when slowing down coming up to a junction, has anyone any ideas?

Its just past its MOT and I dont want to be spending more cash on it, (new car due 20th June ish!!!!!!) Then again i dont want to have an accident before the P/X ,as you lose the power steering and things.

After a bit of googling, it could be the idle air control valve and can be cleaned with WD40 or Redex ( whatever that is).

Does anyone know where this is?, what exactly is it? and is it difficult to clean?

I had this trouble with my all 53 plate corsa. I got told it was the idle control valve and that it needs a clean. I got told it sticks open and floods with air stalling the car.

No idea where it is etc :)

Happened again today, pulling up to a junction bit scary when you lose power steering. The cars getted P/X in a month just wanted a quick fix.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club