Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Titanium Sony Dab Tuning Help Request

quaffa

Hi all, I'm pretty new here.

I picked up my 2013 Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium this morning. My word, haven't cars come on in the last few years!

I spent most of the afternoon reading up on the tech in the user manual, and then I managed to set all the presets in the FM section of the integral Sony audio unit.

But I'm completely flummoxed as regards the DAB side of things. All the DAB displays read 'Bank 5A' or something similar, and there are no presets set. The user manual, alas, has very little to say about DAB...

I've managed to hear some DAB station when I do a scan, but they're all commercial pop stations that I'm not interested in. I don't seem to be able to get any BBC DAB stations at all, and it is BBC Radio Five Sports Extra that I really want to master before the summer, so as to be able to listen to Test Match Special. (I don't think the set has Long Wave capability.)

I know that we do have DAB coverage where we live, because I can receive all of the BBC digital stations on all the various portables we have in the house.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Robin

I was like that to start with

I think without looking at it, the best way is to use the next buttons which then scans the channels in groups like south east kent, D1 international I think. Also I think if you are on a station of the 4 buttons at the bottom one of the options is list, which then lists the stations. Then you cam add them to your presets like with the FM stations.

Hope that has helped a bit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

When you find a station you like, just press and hold a preset button to save it just as you do with FM

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Okay, thanks Chris, I will try the 'next' buttons when I go back out to the car.

Adam, thanks for that, and I had sort of worked that bit out. But the trouble is that I'm currently not finding any of the stations I like... :unsure:

As I say above, I should be finding them, because they appear on all my other DAB radios about the house, so unless the reception on the DAB radio in the Fiesta is particularly poor or, (and my money is currently on this), I'm doing something wrong with it, they ought to appear on the car radio somehow.

Okay; all sorted now. Thanks for your help.

Of course it WAS down to me being dumb, as I suspected. I'd read the manual wrong, and I was confusing 'scan' with 'seek'.

My next task is to work out how to set the alarm to 'reduced guard'...

• Like 1

My next task is to work out how to set the alarm to 'reduced guard'...

Whats that??

1 click, 2 clicks for full alarm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Whats that??

It says in the manual to set the security alarm to 'reduced guard' if you leave animals inside the car. It talks about 'Ask on Exit (If enabled)' but I can't work out how to get this up on the info display, so I guess it isn't enabled.. But I will need to leave my dog inside the car (for short periods when it's not hot & sunny of course) on occasions.

1 click, 2 clicks for full alarm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Ahhh... Thanks. That would be good. It seems a lot less complex than what is in the user manual. I will have to test that forthwith.

Having a quick look through the manuals there seem to be 3 types of alarm listed: Perimeter, Perimeter with interior sensors, and Cat 1. I guess if you've got the first type it only works on the door/bonnet/taligate catches, the second will add sensors in case there's interior movement and the third is the all singing, all dancing version.

So, since the manuals don't explicitly state which version each car has - and I think the Titanium is only listed as "Perimeter Alarm" - it's possible you don't even have a part/full guard option? Try setting the alarm with you in the back seat, and a window partly open, then start moving around inside the car. If the alarm doesn't go off, maybe it's the type that only works if a door is opened so leaving the dog in the car won't matter anyway.

Personally I still can't figure out why Thatcham Cat 1 alarms aren't standard equipment these days. Although, other than peace of mind they don't seem to do a lot. I tried entering "Cat 1 Alarm" for an insurance quote recently and it made no difference to the quote. Only the absence of an immobiliser did. Seems the insurance lot are only worried about the car going missing and don't give a monkey's about the possessions inside it.

Ah. Thanks very much for explaining that. Things are now becoming clear.

I wasn't aware of these three different levels of alarm, and I believe you're correct in thinking the Titanium Fiesta has only a 'perimeter' alarm; I seem to recall seeing that somewhere, but all the talk in the manual about the 'full guard' being the default one had me worried.

Anyway, I shut someone in the car with one click on the remote, and they waved their arms about and no alarm was set off. I then shut them in with two clicks on the remote, and no alarm was set off with that either. So I guess I don't have the interior sensors fitted. I'm kind of pleased actually; I wouldn't really want the hassle of having to remember to de-grade the alarm whenever I left my dog in the car.

Thanks again.

Does anyone know what level of alarm the ZS 7.5mk has ?

I thought there were only two types of alarm, the perimeter and thatcham cat 1 (the one with the interior sensors, only fitted to the ST models). The reduced guard option is only present on the ST, this disables the interior sensors so the alarm functions like just the perimeter one on other models.

I thought there were only two types of alarm, the perimeter and thatcham cat 1 (the one with the interior sensors, only fitted to the ST models). The reduced guard option is only present on the ST, this disables the interior sensors so the alarm functions like just the perimeter one on other models.

Initially that was my thought then I read this:

post-53284-139860896168_thumb.jpg

Admittedly that was ford.co.uk link that went to a ford.com one, so it's possible it's a US spec manual. They do seem to get stuff we don't.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hmm interesting, maybe there is a mid level one then!

DAB radio reception in cars is a bit strange sometimes. Twice I have had it repeating short blocks of transmission, this occured when I was parked fairly close to a lot of other cars, in a supermarket carpark, and once when I was at my Ford dealer. I asked the tech and he said that he has also known this at that location as well.

Where I live there is a very strong DAB reception but sometimes when I fist switch the radio on the display says that DAB is not available, but almost imeadiatly the channel comes on. There is also DAB1 and DAB2, not entirely sure why, but you can store presets on each.

The tech download firmware updates, which took about 30 mins, this has helped. He told me that they do not download the firmware updates unless there is a problem with the audio. Just because the car is new it does not mean that the Sony unit is up to date as far as firmware is concerned.