Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Candy Blue Zetec S

LightningMat

Nice colour Mate, Ford's bringing out some really nice colours at the moment

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Are you allowed to drive with the blue lights on inside?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Nice colour Mate, Ford's bringing out some really nice colours at the moment

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

I agree... Although I initially wanted a blue somewhere between candy blue and deep impact blue, but ever since picking the car up, I love this colour! Pictures really don't do it justice (pics just can't replicate the real life pearlescence effect of this paint).

Are you allowed to drive with the blue lights on inside?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Good question. Not sure, but I "thought" that static blue interior lights were OK, but flashing blue lights were not... Perhaps someone knows for sure?

(All the blue lights in my ZS go off when driving... Unless you were to turn the internal ceiling lights on manually, that is).

Got some more little things done over the weekend...

De-tangoed the front and rear:

Bulb Comparison:

sml_gallery_52177_1437_1047920.jpg

Before:

med_gallery_52177_1437_310597.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_915038.jpg

After:

med_gallery_52177_1437_1032347.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_1097379.jpg

I think the most noticeable difference is on the rear, where it now looks a lot "cleaner" without the orange bulbs.

The front bulbs were nice and easy to do, just popped the rear covers off the headlights to access the bulbs and was as simple of just swapping the bulbs out. The rear bulbs were slightly more complex, as you have the remove the entire rear light cluster to fit new bulbs - Easy enough when you follow a guide though - I found one on here and followed that!

Next, I applied the DMB gel on the steering wheel:

Before:

med_gallery_52177_1437_419260.jpg

After:

med_gallery_52177_1437_322996.jpg

I heated the gel and the steering wheel badge before application (used a hair dryer) - Gel was very easy to apply and it certainly seems to be very well stuck down, so no risk of it coming loose any time soon!

Next, I removed the "Fiesta" badge from the rear and stuck on "S" badges front and rear:

Front - Before:

med_gallery_52177_1437_1297129.jpg

Front - After:

med_gallery_52177_1437_4726903.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_4464602.jpg

I decided not to cut the front grill, instead I padded out the middle of the S badge with some small sticky pads and stuck it across two of the bars on the grill. Seems to be stuck alright, but I will keep an eye on it.

Rear - Before:

med_gallery_52177_1437_3710704.jpg

Rear - During (de-badged):

med_gallery_52177_1437_4419478.jpg

Rear - After:

med_gallery_52177_1437_3389271.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_2310762.jpg

I used a hair dryer to heat up the "fiesta" badge on the rear to soften up the glue before removal. I then simply used dental floss to slide behind the badge, and using a slow and gentle "sawing" motion, the badge came off very easily. I peeled off the remaining fixing tape and cleaned up.

I Heated up the S badges with the hair dryer before applying, to ensure sticky pads were nice and sticky!

Then I took a few more photos...

med_gallery_52177_1437_4726609.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_4428499.jpg

med_gallery_52177_1437_5040058.jpg

Check out my gallery for more!!

I think candy blue is the best colour in the ford range would of loved it for mine! You have a very good car there sure you dont need me to tell you that though, enjoy

How did I miss this thread?? Your car is stunning! candy Blue is my favourite colour on the facelift (Lime Squeeze on pre facelift) and it has my favourite wheels too!

Enjoy! :)

• 5 years later...

Hi I currently have a similar car to this, I’m just wondering where is the best place to get the ST spoiler in candy blue?

14 hours ago, Matthew17 said:

Hi I currently have a similar car to this, I’m just wondering where is the best place to get the ST spoiler in candy blue?

Candy Blue was a £700 option - you'd probably have to get a white one and spray it!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club