Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Space Saver Wheel Do I Need?

Dan The Man

Hi All,

I have just bought a 57 Focus Zetec Climate and it does not have a spare wheel just a temp repair kit. I'd like to have the confidence of a spare and have been reading the discussion about full size v space saver and it would appear that a full 16inch would fit in the well. The tyres are 205/55R1691V on a 5 wheel nut wheel, so I know I need a 16inch spare. So I value insight on two things.

1) Is my Focus a Mk2? (Still awaiting log book back to see if it says anything on there).

2) If these models did not come with a space saver am I looking for another Focus model or other Ford model to find one that is compatible. What should I be looking for?

Hoping to contact local scrap yard this week to see what they have available but would like to go pre armed with expert opinion.

Thank you

Dan

Hi All,

I have just bought a 57 Focus Zetec Climate and it does not have a spare wheel just a temp repair kit. I'd like to have the confidence of a spare and have been reading the discussion about full size v space saver and it would appear that a full 16inch would fit in the well. The tyres are 205/55R1691V on a 5 wheel nut wheel, so I know I need a 16inch spare. So I value insight on two things.

1) Is my Focus a Mk2? (Still awaiting log book back to see if it says anything on there).

2) If these models did not come with a space saver am I looking for another Focus model or other Ford model to find one that is compatible. What should I be looking for?

Hoping to contact local scrap yard this week to see what they have available but would like to go pre armed with expert opinion.

Thank you

Dan

Your focus is a mk2

Mine has a space saver so you should have space for one too underneath the boot lining? 125/85 r16

mk1 1998-2004

mk2 2004-2008

mk2.5 2008-2011

mk3 2011-2014

mk3.5 due next year i beleive.

Space saver is the best in my opinion. Agreed that you need some kind of a spare other than the inflation kit, but the full size spare just takes up too much room in the boot - and I did compare when buying mine.

And yes, I have had to use my space saver - only a couple of weeks ago. I just needed to get to the garage quickly to get a new tyre fitted, which is not a bad thing really.

Space saver is the best in my opinion. Agreed that you need some kind of a spare other than the inflation kit, but the full size spare just takes up too much room in the boot - and I did compare when buying mine.

And yes, I have had to use my space saver - only a couple of weeks ago. I just needed to get to the garage quickly to get a new tyre fitted, which is not a bad thing really.

Thanks for your help, decision made, space saver it is.

Your focus is a mk2

Mine has a space saver so you should have space for one too underneath the boot lining? 125/85 r16

mk1 1998-2004

mk2 2004-2008

mk2.5 2008-2011

mk3 2011-2014

mk3.5 due next year i beleive.

Thats really helpful thanks ever so much. The size details have helped identify what I need from local breakers.