Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus - Parrot Mki9200 Static Noise During Call

SatTechUk

Hi all,

I had a parrot mki9200 installed in my ford focus today and everything works great. However, when I make a call whilst driving there is some (a little) static noise which increases with the speed / revs of the engine.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue or common occurrence amongst these bits of kit.

P.S - I had the MusicConnect lead installed (same as James Simpsons video) to power the SD / USB music through the car's stereo amp instead of the parrot blue box amp.

Kind regards.

Anyone able to help or make any suggestions?

I contacted parrot and they said the following:

"It is unusual for static noise, it isn't a common problem with the MKi9200.

Usually interference is installation related and in most cases is an earthing issue on the audio system or it could be noise suppression issue with the alternator. Your kit/installation will require further investigation.''

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

I had this on a car a few years ago, I took it back and they messed with the wires and it stopped, they said it may have been a power cable wire next to the bluetooth kit wire causing interference

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply.

I took it back to Halfords and they tried an interference suppressor but that did not work and the noise was still present.

I may pull the stereo and try to mess around with the wires? Do you suggest the cables on the harness going into the stereo or the wires going into the parrot blue box?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm not too sure but check the wires are not next to power cables, this I believe was the problem in my case

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club