Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Rear Bumper

Richtea109

Hi everyone, I have just removed rear bumper from a 2006 hatchback to fit towbar. When refitting I cannot get the one side to fit properly on the wheel arch by doing up the nut - it seems too loose and won't pinch up. The nut and bolt are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have just removed rear bumper to fit towbar. When refitting I cannot get the one side to fit properly on the wheel arch by doing up the nut - it seems too loose and won't pinch up. The nut and bolt are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

hi Richard,

Is the bolt turning aswell as the nut?

This is quite common on the bumper brackets because the bolt head is moulded within the plastic bumper support bracket, it can break loose allowing it to turn along with the nut, giving the sensation that its taking forever to tighten,

These brackets can be bought from ford for under 20 pounds

Requires drilling out the rivets and reapplying to the new bracket,

Unless you can grip tge bolt with a vice grip, while turning the nut,

I understand this method would be quite difficult due to limited space,

see image of bracket below:

This guide may also be of interest as a temp fix until you get the bumper refitted :)

[http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32690-reduce-reuse-and-recycle/

www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32690-reduce-re/575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/Image1910-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

thanks Lenny. Has been a while but will try and get mole grips on thread and do up nut.

As far as towbar electrics go, does anyone out there know if I can connect all wires on left hand side inside boot (behind trim panel)? One chap says you have to run a wire across to other side of boot for righ hand indicator, and stop and tail light.

Richard

• Like 1

Welcome to the family Richard, I can see your query is in capable hands :)

thanks Lenny. Has been a while but will try and get mole grips on thread and do up nut.

As far as towbar electrics go, does anyone out there know if I can connect all wires on left hand side inside boot (behind trim panel)? One chap says you have to run a wire across to other side of boot for right hand indicator, and stop and tail light.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes that's correct,

If you look under the car you will see a black rubber grommet there's one on either side of the boot,

One has fog light loom feeding in and the other has the reverse light feeding in,

Undo the tape on the grommet, both inside and outside the car,

You can then fish the additional loom through and tape it back up again,

Remove interior plastic panels to gain access to looms,

See my guides here to see images of how to get there:

This guide shows removal of interior panels

Additional boot light:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27165-guide-to-fitting-additional-boot-light-in-ford-focus-mk2-and-mk25/page__pid__146083#entry146083

This guide shows fishing cables through the grommet

Additional reverse light: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk25/#entry158997

And this guide shows a 12v boot socket, might aswell fit while your there: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29774-guide-additional-12v-power-socket-in-boot-focus-mk25/

And finally this guide shows images of the tail light loom sockets: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43587-guide-fitting-ford-rs-led-rear-light-units-focus-mk25/%22

Lenny, you're a legend! One final question - in order to connect to light loom on off side is there a certain ampage wire I need to use. One chap said he used speaker wire?

Your car looks amazing! Just looked at all the pictures.

Richard

• Like 1

Lenny, you're a legend! One final question - in order to connect to light loom on off side is there a certain ampage wire I need to use. One chap said he used speaker wire?

Your car looks amazing! Just looked at all the pictures.

Richard

thanks very much im always happy to assist,

the focus was a three year project of mine, still have it but i dont work on it anymore,

All of my 28 guides are listed and linked on my profile page however they dont display if your using the FOC app.

And when it comes to choosing the correct amp cable i contact AutoStar on eBay and i tell them what im wiring,

They then recommend and supply me with the correct cable so i cant go wrong,

They also supply pvc insulating tape etc.they are uk based and offer discount postage on multiple items,

Heres a link to his shop:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AutoStar-Shop/Electrical-Cable-automotive-/_i.html?_fsub=1592527013&_sid=65555063&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Tell Dave,

Leonard from fordownersclub.com recommended you as a supplier and im hooking up a trailer socket to my ford focus, splicing to the indicator, reverse and stop/tail feeds inside the boot, what amp cable should i purchase please?

kind Regards,

Richard

• 1 month later...

Went on trip recently with trailer. Left indicator works fine and audible sensor works fine but not on right indicator - it does not flash on trailer but does on car and no audible sensor noise. Also when I put on headlights with left indicator, it flashes and bleeps much faster. Ia

Was advised by towbar company no need to fit by pass relay so didn't. is this the cause and do I now need to fit one, or could it be a bad earth? The right indicator did work initially.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club