Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Manufacturer's Service

annoyedone

I have the car booked in for a service, a very expensive one which the local Ford dealership is charging me nearly £250 for, a so-called "manufacturer's service". I was told on the phone that it is the most extensive service that they offer, can anyone tell me if that's correct and also what exactly this entails them doing (preferably a list, as I have searched high and low on the internet for a list of what the service includes but cannot find one believe it or not).

Many thanks in advance :)

Sounds about right for a main dealer, major service.

Will normally include all filters (air, oil, fuel, cabin), oil change. Brake check, adjustment and fluids. (Wheels off iirc)

And a nice long checklist of other things they check. I'm sure there is more, but they are the main things from memory.

hi thanks for your reply, I don't think it's a major, as I think the three sevices offered to me were: minor service, major service and then the manufacturer's service (so this would suggest the manufacturer's service is even one more extensive than the major service). Or perhaps I just heard wrong?

Minor service is oil filter oil an health check.

Major is oil air spark plugs or fuel filter (if its diesel) wheels off and health check.

A manufactures serice if its thr most extensive may be (dependant on milage) oil air pollen spark plugs fuel filter (if diesel) wheels off maybe drums off (dependant on milage) and health check

The manufactire service can take anywhere from 1.5h - 2.5h (focus st/rs) are at the higher end of the labour times

You should be given an service sheet what has been carried with your health check report and invoice

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

...I have the car booked in for a service, a very expensive one which the local Ford dealership is charging me nearly £250 for, a so-called "manufacturer's service". I was told on the phone that it is the most extensive service that they offer, can anyone tell me if that's correct and also what exactly this entails them doing (preferably a list, as I have searched high and low on the internet for a list of what the service includes but cannot find one believe it or not...

Your search didn't take you as far as the Ford Etis site, which will tell you for your individual car what items are due at which service?

Is this car the 'ford Fusion 2010' as of the sig info? Last time I asked - and there is a possibility that it has changed, as they did announce other changes in the service arrangements earlier in the year - cars over three years were eligible for an 'economy' or 'value' service, although many Ford dealers prefer not to emphasise that fact. This is a minimal oil/oil filter/air filter service, with a quick check around for any extra items for which they might charge you (sorry if I'm sounding cynical today) but which does give you the 'mobility/breakdown cover until the next service is due' aspect.

In any case, the servicing dealer ought to be able to tell what you would be getting for the money, and there should be no difficulty with asking.

They got rid of the value service late last year. They offer a minor and major service ( 3 years+) and the normal manufactures service (year/milage dependant) think they all come with years aa road assistance

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm not sure what Check condition and serviceability of pollen filter means?

Why not just change it?

Although I'm not sure what Check condition and serviceability of pollen filter means?

Why not just change it?

I think, being slightly cynical again, what they mean is that they'll charge you extra for the actual filter element.

I think, being slightly cynical again, what they mean is that they'll charge you extra for the actual filter element.

Probably because it's a !Removed! to replace

Pollen filter is one of the most expensive filters apart from fuel filters. An yes on some of the ford range there are a pig to change.

They state to check the filter to reduce the price of the service to bring more buisness in.

Pollen filter is one of the most expensive filters apart from fuel filters. An yes on some of the ford range there are a pig to change.

They state to check the filter to reduce the price of the service to bring more buisness in.

There not that expensive, you can pick them up for £10 at ECP, how much is the Ford one?

Around £12+ vat but there carbon filters to reduce the pollen/contaminent getting inside the cab. Most none genuine are just a normal paper filter

There not that expensive, you can pick them up for £10 at ECP, how much is the Ford one?

Well, yes and no. I'm pretty sure that at £10 you'll be getting the one without the carbon, and that, most people will think, is the wrong one. With the carbon, they are more like £15.

(Both will get rid of 'lumps of stuff' in the air such as pollen and stray insects, but only the carbon one will cut down pollution and noxious fumes.)

I've been to ECP and, in my experience, if you just ask for the filter, you'll get the non-carbon one. If you ask specifically for the carbon one, then you'll get the higher price and the right filter, but you have to ask and they won't tell you otherwise (at least, that's my experience with them). This is almost the opposite of what you'd expect - them selling you the more expensive one, if you didn't specify.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club