Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fair 2014 - Who's Going?

iNath

I think if you weren't scared there would be something wrong with you lol, especially in a new car. It all depends on the attitude of the other drivers. I've been a passenger in a friend's car at Trax (Silverstone) and Japfest, and there was a huge difference in the behavior of the other drivers. At Japfest they followed the rules, not overtaking on corners etc but at Trax there were crazy, overtaking us on both sides round corners and under braking etc. Hopefully someone who has been to Ford Fair before can tell you what you can expect, but if it's anything like it was at Trax you need to have your head on a swivel, and make sure you get insurance :)

Woo, in this case I put my track ticket up for sale... I couldn't bear if something happened on the car, I think I'll just park it somewhere safe and see the others doing the fun :)

It'll be my first time on track too, little nervous but hopefully will all be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It'll be my first time on track too, little nervous but hopefully will all be ok

Fingers crossed mate, but based on your profile pic, you might have a bit more chance not to be overtaken but to overtake, which could be a safer choice.

Also, does anyone know if there are still spaces at the club stand? - or that's all gone?

Will someone go from North London, is it possible to join a convoy? :))

I've done a couple of track days at Silverstone, Formula Ford and Ferrari Modena, and they teach you to keep the power on as long as possible but make sure you brake and get the gears changed before the corner then hit the apex and power away. I was really impressed with how fast you can actually go around corners, haha. The other thing is that the track is really wide and nothing is coming towards you (hopefully).

I'd love to do this but think I'd want some tyres to replace the ones you're going to wear out.

Also, does anyone know if there are still spaces at the club stand? - or that's all gone?

Will someone go from North London,

is it possible to join a convoy? :))[/

quote]

I'm going from North West London! If anyone is doing a convoy!

Will someone go from North London,

is it possible to join a convoy? :))[/

quote]

I'm going from North West London! If anyone is doing a convoy!

Having just done Snetterton I think you'll be okay power wise if everyone is sensible lol. My car is a bit quicker than yours, but I was on the track with 2 radicals testing the new 3.5L ford ecoboost engine (you didn't hear it from me ;) ), caterhams, junior ginettas, porsches... only other car in my league was a MK6 fez st, and I was fine! Overtaken by everyone but most of them did it in a way that was sensible and didn't give me any hassle. Been to spa as well and some of them try to undertake on corners etc.. THOSE are the people you need to look out for!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Can you buy tickets on the day?

Is the space on the FOC stand does anyone know?

Tickets are 23 I believe on the day

You can still get general entry tickets off Ford Fair web site for £18 but you need to hurry

Ok cheers. I will just get them on the day as I am not sure whether I can go yet :(

Is anyone going from the Birmingham area?

I should see you all there, just gotta buy tickets

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec

Ok cheers. I will just get them on the day as I am not sure whether I can go yet :(

Is anyone going from the Birmingham area?

There is a convoy running down the m1 to Silverstone pm philf1 for more info.

Looking at the site map we're on that stretch of concrete (where all the blue focus mk2s were last year?). So no chance of pegging down that pop up gazebo someone was going to bring for some shade then. lol :-/

Someone bring some weights possibly, I don't have any myself or I would, hopefully shouldn't be too windy

Guys. Any people travelling from London? M25 > M1 route?

I'm coming from London - going straight from bottom of M1

We're travelling Saturday & spending the night at Premier Inn, Brackley. I'll be the first one on the club stand, as my misses and friends will arrive later in the day. Gives me a chance to give the Ecosport a quick 'go over' and chat to you guys/gals. Then afterwards staying another night, then head home on Monday. We like to have long weekends away :)

Anyone else doing the same ?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Nope I'm making the 165 mile trip early Sunday morn :)

I'm driving down Sat afternoon, then driving back Sun afternoon. Wanted to stay down for 2 nights but can't get the Monday off work. :(

I'm staying Saturday night, camping at Whittlebury if any one else is there let me know.

Looking at the site map we're on that stretch of concrete (where all the blue focus mk2s were last year?). So no chance of pegging down that pop up gazebo someone was going to bring for some shade then. lol :-/

Someone bring some weights possibly, I don't have any myself or I would, hopefully shouldn't be too windy

I made the offer of the gazebo but as you say would need weights to be sure it doesn't blow away, or worse onto someone's car. I don't have any and not sure I can fit it into the car with all the camping gear and 3 of us travelling.

How many weights we wanting like :)

I have some weights I could bring, just some plastic dumbbells though so they might not be that useful for holding down a gazebo.

I've found some gazebo feet which you fill with water and they attach around the legs. You think they will do?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club