Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St2 2007

Big-tom

I'm looking to decat my car is there any way of avoiding the engine management light coming on? Thanks tom

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Decatting a modern petrol - engined car is like opening abig can of worms - strictly speaking, it shoukld have a cat (catalytic converter) present, without the cat, the emmissions may be high and it may be very difficult to get it through the MOT, the lambda seneor is tied into the ECU and fuel- air ratio, it can often mes these things up

If it is more performance you are after, you would be far better off getting the car remapped (a Bluefin takes the car from 225 to 270Hp approx much more than decatting- and the car stays legal)

If you already have a remap and/or want to make more noise, (+ a bit more power) get rid of the back- box, many manufacturers make "sports" systems/ the back-box may be more restrictive than the cat, once you have the remap, back-box dellete and high-flow exhaust, then you should consider a high-flow cat instead of a decat, on a petrol- engined road car

Note that what applies to a petrol engine with an active cat (with a lambda sensor) noes not apply to a diesel engine with a passive cat (from a technical viewpoint as well as the MOT emmisions test, as only the particulates are measured on a diesel MOT emmisions test)- so if you read someting about decatting a diesel, it may not apply to a petrol- engined car, or vice-versa

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club