Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Parts For Ford Cars - Service Intervals

sonic113

ok i have posted a few topics on best oil and best spark plugs but this got me thinking

on the ford focus mk2.5 1.6 zetec petrol when doing a service is it best to use genuine ford parts for:

-air filter

-oil filter

-cabin filter

or does it not really matter about these as they are just filters and one should be as good as another and whatever your local auto shop stocks will do just as good.

of topic a little can anyone recommend good spark plugs for the above car? Im looking at NGK or Bosh maybe but not sure what ones to get for best performance in engine. The ones that are in it i think are ford as they are just blank labeled.

Thanks

When servicing my car I just go on euro car parts and buy the stuff I can afford.

Mann filters from euros have never let me down.

As for the spark plugs. Again just what I can afford at the time. I can't remember off the top of my head the current ones I've got in.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

thanks mate i guess i will take the same approach. just want the best for the car to get the best out of it.

thanks mate i guess i will take the same approach. just want the best for the car to get the best out of it.

To keep your car running nice and smooth do an oil n filter change every 6 months.

The rest I do once a year.

I don't always believe that the bigger named brands are always the best.

The oil I used last time was qx 5 w 30 from euros. Cheapest on there but still going strong.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheap pattern oil filters have been known to restrict to oil flow and even cause engine damage - they can sometimes be badly constructed (completely different inside from the original item) same goes foir many componenst, like exhausts

There is a big difference between premium oil brands and "glug" somthing like Castrol magnatec or a premium fully synthetic oil lasts a lot longer and protects the engine a lot longer than cheap oils - but with a regular oil change you will probably be ok

NGK spark plugs are good, the irridium tipped ones (expensive) can even help protect the coil packs from damage, and are less liable to foul, you should always check the gap and not assume it is correct as it comes, ford have changed the recommended gap on some engines

I used NGK plugs in my 09 fiesta zetec a and my car didn't like them at all. Didn't start as well and on some damp mornings it would misfire. So I got ford ones and they were perfect.

filter wise I used stuff off euro car parts and didn't have a problem.

So I would say stick with ford if you can afford it. But I don't think it would hurt to buy non branded filters.

thanks for replies. i have changed to Castrol magnatec and its great in the engine. smoother and quieter so i think im gonna stick with that from now on and get filters from ford.

Its definitely worth taking FOCA's advice with regards to the oil filter and stick with Ford. As for oil, everyone knows about Castrol Magnatec but that's as a result of the huge amount they spend on advertising. Its not a bad oil but its not necessarily better than other oils with the same ACEA spec. Having said that, I think its best to stick with a "reputable" manufacturer i.e. Mobil, Shell, Valvoline, Millers, Castrol and even Halfords.

Vendee i agree with you, i will stick with ford for filters as i never thought of other brands of filters being different inside but thanks for advice to all who posted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club