Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Well There's Your Problem!

stef123

Well after a long weekend fixing a VW polo I swore never to touch again.. It's back on the road again.

Friday night I started it and ended up absolutely soaking right through including my boxers!! Dedication!

Saturday I intended to fit the timing tools and set up the timing chain etc.. Except the timing tools didn't fit! So my plan of refitting the timing cover, cam cover and sump to allow them to dry overnight failed. I had to go home and modify the locking tools.

Misfiring and running poor, first thought it may have been an ignition coil, all fine and working. I moved onto the injectors which after some messing about seemed to be ok too.

So next step was a compression test as I suspected a burnt valve.. And here is the result..

post-3200-0-50581400-1398771144_thumb.jp

Nasty! I solute your dedication. I think I would have have set fire to it by now.

It did cross my mind mate :lol:

All that work for a £10 valve!

What living rooms are for :lol:

post-3200-0-31258700-1398779904_thumb.jp

• Like 1

haha, bet the Mrs wasnt too happy about that! :p It was a good result though, although being so far covered in oil, im surprised you didnt try and squeeze through the letterbox, I suspect you could have made it! :P

Friday night I started it and ended up absolutely soaking right through including my boxers!! Dedication!

Surely you could have spared a few minutes to actually go to the toilet? Nice use of the living room though, having such a large open space doing absolutely nothing just seems a waste!

• Like 1

No she wasn't mate lol. I had to shower for about 40 mins to get the oil off. Having a shower with swarfega..

I probably could have got through the letterbox!

I will check over the car again at the weekend just to be absolutely sure it's 100%, otherwise I won't be able to sleep! It drives very well and nice and smooth again so I think everything is ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club