Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X & Dress Up Kit

Spooksta

Ordered my Titanium Race Red in end of Jan and finally its arrived at the dealer.

Picking it up Friday morning 9am.

At the time of ordering the Dress up kit was only available for the Titanium and not the X.

Around late Feb time the dealer rang and told me ford had changed spec options and it was now available.

Dealer was still able to change..

So i jumped at the chance as i really wanted the half leather option you had with Titanium X but was desperate for the body kit (at the time the Half leather was not an option on the standard Titanium) im repeating myself i know..

Very chuffed i got both in the end.

Did people on here realise this?

The ford configure on the website only recently changed to allow this as ive been keeping my eye on it.

Thought this info might be useful if anyone else is close to ordering and didn't know.

Will post pics here when she arrives.

Will have been 3 long months from order to delivery.

Im told the dress up kit can add 2-4 weeks on the delivery time.

Also went for the City stop.

Cardboard box time to test it works you think :)

Damn you!! That's what I would have liked on my Titanium X, ordered end of January then realised they were changing the spec, but dealer said that they won't take effect until May builds??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Also went for the City stop.

Cardboard box time to test it works you think :)

Reminds me of something I read a while back from a company on twitter, something along the lines of "for safety reasons we don't recommend you do this with our product, but if you do decide to ignore this advice and do it anyway please film it and send us the video". So yeh, do it and film it! :P

• Like 1

id love to see this vid please m8 just to see if it works :D cardboard aint going to hurt the car either or use polystinrine stuff ? ;)

• Like 1

Well this guys done it already. Maybe you have seen it.

Got the car friday. Went to wax it on saturday and found it covered in overspray.

Looks like a factory issue as the number plates are clear of it but its literally everywhere else.

Hard to see but annoying.

When you run you hand over the paint work it feels rough.

PDI should have picked it up and may have as the windows have had it removed partly.

So someone somewhere new there was contamination on the car.

I recon it got contaminated where the body kits are fitted and i dont think they are done on line.

Probably park the cars near the paint shop that paints the kits to order and fits them in the same area.

The dress up kit had it on as well so it happened after fitting.

Dealer is taking a look on Tuesday.

Anyone else heard of this issue.?

Looking forward to seeing pics. You're probably annoyed/disappointed right now about the overspray, so you'll just have to see what the dealer says. Other than that issue are you pleased with the car in general?

Last year before setting off for Ford Fair I went to my dealership as they had a little event on to sample Ford's new technologies - the Microsoft Sync, Active Park asist (which I loved!) and Active City Stop.

The city stop was great too - the fact I was driving a brand new Ford Kuga Titanium towards a (fake) wall was a little scary, and as the guy in the video above said, it was hard keeping your feet away from the pedals when you knew usually that you should be braking. It was only in first gear free rolling towards the wall but at the very last second the brakes slammed on bringing the car to an abrupt stop with only inches to spare. After a sigh of relief I realised the hazards had came on in the process and the engine had cut out. But yeah, it was really good, so I understand why you want to try it out!

(My car felt quite dumb I guess, on the way home after trying these clever options out lol).

Here's a cool video Ford Europe did demonstrating the Active City Stop:

http://youtu.be/g6ETRIraAXk

I wonder how often it doesn't quite stop you in time? From the couple of videos I've seen of this the car always ends up very close to the thing in front of it, given wet conditions or old tyres or anything else like that surely there will still be collisions? I also wonder if it ever goes wrong and activates when it shouldn't, stopping you suddenly and causing the vehicle behind to crash into you!

Looking forward to seeing pics. You're probably annoyed/disappointed right now about the overspray, so you'll just have to see what the dealer says. Other than that issue are you pleased with the car in general?

Last year before setting off for Ford Fair I went to my dealership as they had a little event on to sample Ford's new technologies - the Microsoft Sync, Active Park asist (which I loved!) and Active City Stop.

The city stop was great too - the fact I was driving a brand new Ford Kuga Titanium towards a (fake) wall was a little scary, and as the guy in the video above said, it was hard keeping your feet away from the pedals when you knew usually that you should be braking. It was only in first gear free rolling towards the wall but at the very last second the brakes slammed on bringing the car to an abrupt stop with only inches to spare. After a sigh of relief I realised the hazards had came on in the process and the engine had cut out. But yeah, it was really good, so I understand why you want to try it out!

(My car felt quite dumb I guess, on the way home after trying these clever options out lol).

Here's a cool video Ford Europe did demonstrating the Active City Stop:

http://youtu.be/g6ETRIraAXk

Soft American football players, the British version would have BIG burly rugby players, minus the head gear,

Sadly there will always be the idiot who will simply incorporate this into their normal driving so in traffic they will simply let the car do the braking all the time which won't be nice for the guy in front.

My worry is if this happens and the car gets old and the sensors fail there will be disputes over who is at fault, the driver or the technology. Also if this stuff fails to work will it fail an MOT? Is there a dash warning light to say if it stops working?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club