Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Ti X Thread

Pete80

Ok so I picked my Mondeo up a week or so ago now and absolutely love it, its a 57 plate 1.8 tdci Titanium X with 59,000 on the clock, one previous owner and fairly well looked after.

I have already started to make a few subtle changes and ill post my progress on this thread, so far its had a full detail and ive added mist washer jets, led boot light, cree led side lights and at the moment trying to find a way of extending the aux lead into the cabin.

On order I have got some philips blue vison 501's for the puddle lights and rear number plate.

Future plan is to get the wheels refurbed and hopefully get some ideas off this forum.

Anyway some pics of the car so far, I will add pics as I go alongs

Comments and criticism always welcome

Pete

20140419_154021_zps999617fe.jpg

20140419_153926_zpsb9c3c040.jpg

20140419_153842_zps382cbf46.jpg

20140419_154046_zps3c5874bc.jpg

And a couple of pics showing Wolfs Hard Body doing its job well

20140424_070337_zps70f7909c.jpg

20140424_070327_zps9a5b7435.jpg

Ok so private plate has been added and decided to de badge the rear so here is the car as a titanium x

20140516_164852_zps7434ac59.jpg

Then as a titanium

20140516_165148_zps3514a634.jpg

Then just a tit

20140516_165326_zps55f9ee48.jpg

And the unrealistic shine I managed to get just from a quick wash, The Wolfs hard body sealant is doing a cracking job there

20140512_174704_zpsbebddd16.jpg

Next job was to take a look at the cabin filter, I have fully cleaned the interior and there was still a musty smell so I was pretty sure the filter was to blame, I ordered a set off euro carparts and collected it within the hour, a very handy service, having looked at a couple of guides I took out the glovebox, dropped the fuse box enough to get access the following picture is pure filth!!!!!!!!!!

20140519_113229_zps589c2b9e.jpg

Safe to say it was the problem and now Im having nice clean air, I have also booked a mobile guy to come out on Friday to re gas the air con so I will hopefully have some nice cold air coming soon

Update :- Jaguar Proteus alloys, not sure what to do with them as yet but all in pretty good nick

20140530_164349_zpse97ee767.jpg

Very tidy. My first job would be to fit the Sport Grill.

I know I say it a lot, but the Titanium X Sport looks awesome imo, and the Mondeo really wears the black honeycomb well.

I guess it depends how much you want to do though?

that looks a nice tidy looking mondeo

Cheers guys, not sure on changing the grille yet but certainly something to consider, I've been routing the aux cable today, managed to get my extension through the back of the cigarette lighter so the cable is kept tidy and not on show, will post a pic later

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers guys, not sure on changing the grille yet but certainly something to consider, I've been routing the aux cable today, managed to get my extension through the back of the cigarette lighter so the cable is kept tidy and not on show, will post a pic later

Any pics or advice on this? I'd like to do the same. Aux in the glovebox is a pain!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Yes mate, I took the glove box out and the cigarette lighter, I fed the cable through the back of the cig lighter and behind the console, then popped it through a hole on the top of the glove box into the aux connector, fairly easy, bit niggly at the back of the cig lighter though

• Like 1

20140501_185034_zps0rbjuwt1.jpg

20140501_185020_zpsqum7hug0.jpg

• Like 1

Yes mate, I took the glove box out and the cigarette lighter, I fed the cable through the back of the cig lighter and behind the console, then popped it through a hole on the top of the glove box into the aux connector, fairly easy, bit niggly at the back of the cig lighter though

How does the lighter come out? Lol

20140501_185034_zps0rbjuwt1.jpg

20140501_185020_zpsqum7hug0.jpg

Nice and tidy bud. When you flip down the cover, no wires showing. Perfect!

How does the lighter come out? Lol

Just gently pull the inner part of the cig lighter out, then the orange outer part pulls out, ive taken the connector off for the light to it to give some room for the aux cable to get behind the lighter

Philips blue vison dipped lights, puddles and rear number plates now fitted, also cree sidelights popped in, starting to take shape now will pop some piccys of the lights once it gets dark enough

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm definitely giving it a go!

I prefer to Keep'em as showroom original as possible, it's ok wanting to be different but to keep it as new from the showroom is harder than it sounds, mine's valated every week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I prefer to Keep'em as showroom original as possible, it's ok wanting to be different but to keep it as new from the showroom is harder than it sounds, mine's valated every week.

Modifying isn't really my thing either. Been there, done that. But, in the case of the aux re route, it's only really hiding a wire. Not really a mod in my book.

It seems that the modifying scene has changed these days. Light/bulb upgrades and parts from other models in Ford's range. Far more tasteful imo.

• Like 1

Same here, I class modifying as cutting things apart and god knows what else, with the aux lead all I have done is extended it so it can be used more easily, not cutting plastics or drilling holes, just using whats already there to make it easier to use, same with the light upgrades, I always change bulbs when I get a car just for peace of mind. Next im looking at adding the ford usb port, not for music but for charging stuff up. Will have to see how the funds go, got my hols in Spain so need to make sure I have some beer tokens for that :P

I agree with u on wire and u can't see it no problem, I brought up the topic of originality over the black honeycomb grill that was mentioned, I too did the modifications back in the 80's with Cavalier SRI , etc.. great times !!

I agree with u on wire and u can't see it no problem, I brought up the topic of originality over the black honeycomb grill that was mentioned, I too did the modifications back in the 80's with Cavalier SRI , etc.. great times !!

Ah! I get what your saying now.

Great times indeed! Mine was a mk1 focus collection. Modified to death...

• 2 weeks later...

Not much done in the past week apart a quick clean, looking at getting the alloys refurbished, looking a bit worn, not sure on what colour to go for though

Not much done in the past week apart a quick clean, looking at getting the alloys refurbished, looking a bit worn, not sure on what colour to go for though

Is yours the same colour as mine Pete? Grey, silver, blue, green and maybe a tinge of yellow depending on the light?

Is yours the same colour as mine Pete? Grey, silver, blue, green and maybe a tinge of yellow depending on the light?

Sounds about right, think it's called tonic blue

I can't see any colour except silver working on the wheels mate. What were you thinking?

Possibly gunmetal or a shadow chrome

• Like 1

Pete80 , got a good idea there !,

First post been edited with private plate and de badging, Im off for 10 days from tomorrow morning so will be getting some small details done on the car such as the calipers and hubs will be getting a second coat of hammerite smooth and the engine bay is going to get a steam cleaning, also hope to steam clean the interior to freshen it up

Its looking good Pete!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club