Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Zetec Climate

smngry

Just bought an 08 Focus Zetec Climate after 7 years of reliability from running a 52 plate Focus LX.

However, it's my first time with a dash as advanced as this and since picking the car up on Saturday my avg mpg is still lower than I expected. I checked it when driving it home for the first time and it was around 26.5mpg. I've done about a hundred miles in it since, about 25/30 of them motorway (mainly through avg speed cameras at 50mph) and it has only improved slightly, it is now reading 27.8mpg.

Like I said I've not really much experience with these readouts, so wanted to ask you guys what you think as it seems pretty low to me. It has been suggested that I reset my avg mpg as it will still be using data from the previous owner and any test drives it has been out on.

Any advice would be appreciated guys

I forgot to mention, it's a 1.6 petrol

Hold the button on the left stalk in.it will be on the very end.make sure you hold it in when the average mpg is showing and it will reset it.chances are you havnt done this and it's just giving you an average readout possibly for 100s of miles.rather Than the miles you've owned it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ok, I'll try this tonight. Will it return to zero donyou know? Or will it remain at it's current reading and just start calculating afresh from the time I reset it? I was a little worried when I first saw this as I was expecting something around the mid 30s at least.

How long should it be before I see an improvement? If I see any at all that is

It should reset to 0 and the first 4 miles readout will be volatile as it will only show instant mpg.then it will read your mpg properly

it depends what sort of driving you do and how you drive it really.
Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ah, like the 'Instant Fuel' display which is the next readout along? That confused the hell out of me that did. Jumping from the 90s down to 40s and what not.

Ah, like the 'Instant Fuel' display which is the next readout along? That confused the hell out of me that did. Jumping from the 90s down to 40s and what not.

It may be slightly different,i was quoting you on what mine does but i know they changed the trip computer a little as the years went on,i dont have a instant fuel readout just an average one.The way i told you should still work though.

Thought it only right to update you Ben. I reset the mpg reading, which zeroed it off, and after a steady, sensible run out it's steadily climbed up to 46mpg which is a lot more like I was expecting.

Thanks for the help mate :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club