Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Size Of Sidelight Hole On Mk2.5

Invisible Man

Hi,

I'm lookin at buying some new led sigelights

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-CREE-W5W-T10-501-LED-wedge-car-bulbs-SIDE-LIGHT-INTERIOR-WHITE-6000K-HID-LEDs-/161273413175?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258ca4fe37

But they are 15mm wide......does anyone know if these will fit??

Cheers

they are 501's so should be astraight fit. check out the guides on the forum for more info

Hi,

I'm lookin at buying some new led sigelights

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-CREE-W5W-T10-501-LED-wedge-car-bulbs-SIDE-LIGHT-INTERIOR-WHITE-6000K-HID-LEDs-/161273413175?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258ca4fe37

But they are 15mm wide......does anyone know if these will fit??

Cheers

doesnt say if these bulbs are Canbus compatable mate,

They need to be canbus compatable in order to work

Canbus??

Not all that great with electrics, what does that mean?

Cheers

I doubt they would go through the hole. The LED's I fitted were snug and they weren't as wide as those.

In simple terms (simple for my benefit not yours) LED lights have such a low power drain the cars system will think the bulb has blown and you will have a warning light on the dash permanently. The Canbus error bulbs fix this.

Canbus??

Not all that great with electrics, what does that mean?

Cheers

modern cars operate on whats called the Can-Bus system,

Its a form of electronic pulse technoligy,

Basiclly when upgrading bulbs to led type you must be sure the led's your buying are CanBus error free bulbs,

This applies to the rear reg plate and front parking position bulbs,

Hmmmm. Might give them a whirl and return them if they don't fit/work.

Cheers

Rear number plate bulbs don't need to be canbus error free on the Mk2.5. Dont know about the Mk2 though.

I put non error free ones on and they were fine. I dont think it is linked to the can-bus system

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 does have a CANbus system (in fact there are 2 CANbus systems) but this system does not check the lights. Every 12 Volt LED bulb can be used on the Focus MK2/MK2.5. There is no need to buy expensive CANbus LED's.

The only position where non CANbus LED's do not work are the front and rear indicators but this has nothing to do with the CANbus system. The indicators are controlled by an electronic blinking relay which is integrated into the GEM module fuse box. The type of this blinking relay is based on the power consumption of the indicator bulbs. LED's have a much lower power consumption than a conventional light bulb. This results in fast blinking indicators. This problem can be solved by adding resistors or using CANbus LED's which have the same power consumtion as conventional light bulbs.

I'm also looking into upgrading to leds. On the off chance I took one of my headlight bulbs out to see if anything came up and nothing came up. So I can only imagine I've haven't got canbus either for lights. My car is only a zetec on a 60plate

So all of us bozzoes that put error free LED's in to replace the side light bulbs were wasting our time and money. Oh well :(

So....I went and got the same lights from a local shop. They worked, no errors on the dash....but didn't fit in the sidelight hole......

I believe I now have the brightest footwear lights in history though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club