Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Positive And Negative On Bulb Plug

footfistart

Just wondering I have attached pictures for your aid. I am wanting to fit hids to my car and I have been investigating where everything will be plugged in ect ect and was wondering as it doesn't say which is which I'm asking you which is positive and which is negative? Hopefully this makes sence and on going for either 5k or 6k. Many thanks

post-27911-0-00698400-1399070355_thumb.j

post-27911-0-97387700-1399070450_thumb.j

post-27911-0-04782800-1399070475_thumb.j

think a test lamp would tell you which is possitive

switch on lights. using a screwdriver type test lamp clip the clip on to a shiney clean peice of the car (earth / negitive) then touch one at a time each of the bulb connectors..... the one that lights up is the possitive.

Ok thanks for that I also guess be the same as using a volt meter (not on hand). Also if I bought one and if I was to wire it up wrong it wouldn't work so that would be a good indicator right. I'm not great with electronic stuff. Thanks for reply

You could do it with a multimeter

Put the negative lead either on the battery terminal or on the metal bodywork and then touch each of the terminals with the light switch in the on position

You should get around 12v on one and 0v on the other

My guess is that the single wire would be positive and the 2 wires would be a common neutral but just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Small update.... Turns out one wire positive and two wires negative. I have also fitted hids @ 5000k rating. Drove down a very busy road at night and not one flash. And there were a lot of cars. I will post on how I fitted and before and after shots. Many thanks for help everyone.