Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting.

Blue s1600

Hi ho peeps,

Does anybody have any ideas on the easiest way to fit ambient lighting into a mk7 fiesta s1600, it doesn't come with them as standard but I've managed to get hold of a titanium x roof light with submarine lights in but I thought it would be plug and play (appears not lol) any help would be great.

P.s. This is my first post so go easy on me guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using OC y'all!

• Like 1

Hi ho peeps,

Does anybody have any ideas on the easiest way to fit ambient lighting into a mk7 fiesta s1600, it doesn't come with them as standard but I've managed to get hold of a titanium x roof light with submarine lights in but I thought it would be plug and play (appears not lol) any help would be great.

Have you got any pictures of the old and new units and the connector type on both of them?

And by ambient lighting, do you mean you want something like footwell lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Hi ho peeps,

welcome to the forum,

If the fiesta has an additional single light unit in the rear roof section,

Then your existing tripple unit is a straight swap in to it for back seat passengers,

For fitting the sub light you just need to run a interior light positive feed up the A-pillar fit a female spade connector to the end and fit on to the interior sub light,

Image1851.jpg

The additional positive feed you run with the insulated spade connector, slides on to the additional male copper coloured ambient light feed, looks like this:

IMG_20130806_101504_zps26cf04c1.jpg

IMG_20130806_101606_zps2f5a9471.jpg

Job done,

IMG_20130806_100155_zps06753512.jpg

If you log on to the forum using a laptop or internet browser,

Then click on my avator picture to view my profile,

On my profile you will see a list of 28 Guides,

One of those guides is how to fit rear seat footwell lighting, you may be interested in doing this aswell as an additional boot light,

Guide fitting front & rear footwell illumination lighting aswell as ignition barrel illumination see link below:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/?fromsearch=1

Guide to fitting additional boot light see link below:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27165-guide-to-fitting-additional-boot-light-in-ford-focus-mk2-and-mk25/?pid=146083#entry146083

Guide to Fitting Ford logo puddle lights see link below:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

Guide to fitting hidden cup holder illumination and shadow lighting, looks great with clear liquids

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28100-guide-to-fitting-smd-leds-to-cup-holder/page-2

• Like 1

Blooming heck thanks for all your help ( quick help at that lol) I wasn't expecting this much in depth help so quickly, I'm starting to like these forum thingys, il post picks of the old and new stuff but the second reply with the pics of the roof light is the one I've bought, the lights work just not the led's il have a go at wiring them up when I finish work today, oh and yea I'd like to have the footwell lights stay on if that's possible, thanks again for all your help:)

• Like 1

Blooming heck thanks for all your help ( quick help at that lol) I wasn't expecting this much in depth help so quickly, I'm starting to like these forum thingys, il post picks of the old and new stuff but the second reply with the pics of the roof light is the one I've bought, the lights work just not the led's il have a go at wiring them up when I finish work today, oh and yea I'd like to have the footwell lights stay on if that's possible, thanks again for all your help:)

no problem,

My guide for front&rear footwell lighting doesnt show how to have them function via a switch,

But i can guide you on doing it,

It is possible to fit a two way rocker switch allowing both standard (door open) auto illumination

And

Manual over ride, giving you illumination on flicking the switch,

I highly recommend being able to switch off interior illumination because the poe lease, dont like to see illuminated footwells while driving, although it saves there torch batteries, they see it as a distraction and can write you a ticket for it,

But if you have it on a switch then they wont ever see it in operation.

• Like 1

That would be great if you could explain how to fit a switch to the footwell lights, because like you say them being on all the time could get annoying and probably attract the old 5-0, as if a loud blue hatch with white stripes isn't reason enough for them to pull me over lol

• Like 1

That would be great if you could explain how to fit a switch to the footwell lights, because like you say them being on all the time could get annoying and probably attract the old 5-0, as if a loud blue hatch with white stripes isn't reason enough for them to pull me over lol

:lol:

The main thing you need is to source a switched positive feed, meaning a positive feed that powers yo7r interior illumination of somthing when you switch on your parking lights,

A member whom has a haynes manual could tell you a wire to splice in to for this,

Basiclly once you find that source,

You can splice in to it and run a feed to your ambient lighting,

You can also use this source to power your footwell lighting,

For this you need a two way or three way rocker switch and two positive feeds,

You already have one positive feed which switches the footwell lighting on/off with the doors,

The second positive feed you need is constant on with the driving lights, same source for the ambient light,

So, get yourself a 3 way switch,

It will have two inputs and one output,

Cut the orange cable feeding to your footwell lights,

Run the orange cable from the GEM side to the input 1 on switch,

Run a cable from the output of the switch to the orange leeding to the footwell lights,

Run a feed to input 2 on the switch from a switched live interior source,

Symbols would switch would be I O II

Setting I : footwell lights active on door unlock/lock

Setting 0: footwell lights off even when door opened,

Setting II: footwell lights active constant when parking lights are active,

Right! Thank you very much for your help, that's my afternoons plans booked lol il send the girlfriend shopping :o il get back in touch with pics before and after and for any more advise on how to carefully rip apart my three day old car haha, cheers bud

• Like 1

Right! Thank you very much for your help, that's my afternoons plans booked lol il send the girlfriend shopping :o il get back in touch with pics before and after and for any more advise on how to carefully rip apart my three day old car haha, cheers bud

no problem, have fun and for all your automotive cables, tape and connectors this guy is superb value and all items under one roof saving you lots on shipping,

http://m.ebay.co.uk/seller?itemId=170492569100&sid=autostar*

• Like 1

Ah never thought of the old bay of E! I was just going to go to Halfords as I have a trade card and see if I could get it cheap enough there, I hope I don't go to far with the lights though and end up with my car looking like something that should be hung on Henry fords Christmas tree haha

• Like 1

Ah never thought of the old bay of E! I was just going to go to halfords as I have a trade card and see if I could get it cheap enough there, I hope I don't go to far with the lights though and end up with my car looking like something that should be hung on Henry fords Christmas tree haha

price Halfords mate,

But i reckon Dave at AutoStar on eBay will save you atleast 20 pounds overall

Its your money though,

Im just giving independant advise im not on any comission lol

Haha you should have a bill board on a trailer for your car lol, I will heed the advise and have a browse mate il let you know how I get on cheers pal

post-53930-139914872132_thumb.jpgpost-53930-139914873836_thumb.jpg

I've had a quick go and this is where I've got so far, two red led's in the foot wells and a red submarine light in the roof, looks good me tinks! Thanks for the advice guys I'll be doing more tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing I've just spent two hours cleaning the thing

post-53930-139914890895_thumb.jpg

Much love ford fans!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club