Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd And Bluetooth Music Streaming?

forquare

Good morning all,

I've had my Mondeo for a couple of months and have mainly been busy with moving house and a new job to have a proper look at what it can/can't do. Very quickly I got my iPhone 5 paired up over bluetooth to send/receive calls and that all works fine.

Having read the documentation that came with the car (which spans several variations of car and stereo model), I believe there may be the functionality to stream music from my iPhone to the stereo, however I just cannot figure out how to do it...

Playing music on my iPhone just makes the music come out of the iPhone speaker. I've tried turning the stereo to AUX with no luck. My previous vehicle didn't have bluetooth and I'd bought a Jawbone earpiece, when using that and playing music the iPhone would give the option to use the Jawbone as a speaker. I don't see a similar option on the iPhone when it's paired to the Mondeo. There doesn't seem anything obvious in the menus.
There are two buttons on there stereo, both have a folder on them, and one has an arrow pointing into the folder, the other out of it. I've pressed these while the phone has been paired and it doesn't seem to do anything. Issuing voice commands doesn't seem to do anything either...

Is it that my variation of the 6000CD lacks this functionality? Should all 6000CD's have this functionality but mine is broken? It baffles me that if something was broken/missing that the handsfree works...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

BT audio streaming is only available with the USB kit, which is not available with the 6000CD (only with Sony or satnav), so stop trying. On the 6000CD AUX only switches to the analogue jack.

Hmmm, that's a shame, as I mount my phone to the very right of the windscreen and the jack is in the storage compartment between the two front seats…Could get messy with wires everywhere :P

Ahh, that is a very interesting solution! I hadn't considered something like that. Thank you very much For £12 it's worth a try!

I got one not too disimilar, spent about £7 on it from eBay and it works a treat! My solution (when I have tidied up the cables) was to run a 12v - USB output from a 12v socket, run a USB Extension lead up the inside from under the centre console to the back of the glove box and pop the extension out into the glove box. Connected the USB to the bluetooth adapter, and then plugged it into the aux. Its powered up with the car, disconnects with the 12v and I just switch to aux and my phone picks up the bluetooth.

Only issue I do have, is that my phone calls want to go to it, so I need to figure out a way to stream music one way and bluetooth calls the other!

• 5 weeks later...

How have you managed to get your phone working with the stereo? Is your CD player silver with the chrome strip around the edge?

Cheers

Mine? yeah its the standard, I use the bluetooth to aux adapter, and just play it from the phone to bluetooth and out the Speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine? yeah its the standard, I use the bluetooth to aux adapter, and just play it from the phone to bluetooth and out the speakers.

How good is the audio quality mate? I don't want to buy one and have to throw it in the bin because it sounds s**t!

Cheers

It sounds pretty good, has a very slight hum as your change tracks and on the quiet tracks, but thats because of the bluetooth transfer probably by my phone, but otherwise the quality is really good! More often than not I keep trying to change tracks with the steering wheel as I forget that its not direct.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club