Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed Guys

painterman

Thought id do a little service at home , started with fuel filter and thats where its stopped , got air in system and wont start how do I bleed , with nothing to bleed it with ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

you can't basically,you need the hand pump.these are a pig to change and a lot of people get stuck on em including me lol.

i called someone out in the end and it still took em 40 mins to start,they just kept cranking it until it started which I doubt was correct though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

that's not what I wanted to hear on a Saturday evening when everywhere is closed :-(

I called a mobile mechanic out,you might get lucky at this time but I doubt it.

mine happened on a Sunday afternoon,

so basically I'm stuff without professional help ?

1st, did you replace the o ring in the top of ur filter housing? 2nd did you brim the filter to the top?

yes replaced the o ring,some spilt out when took old filter out so it wasn't to the top

Hi mate I did mine 2 days ago I used a syringe and filled the lines up with fuel took some messing around but of it started in 20 mins

brim your filter, use a syringe and pipe to get it to the max... take off your in feed to the filter, chuck ya mouth round it n suck the derv through... (this literally takes around 30 seconds) very quickly connect it bk on top of the filter housing... make sure your battery has a good charge.... then just crank... you may need crack open injector/s to bleed the air out though, instead of forcing it into the block

• Like 2

I have always had great success using a syringe and forcing fuel into the top of the filter.. None of this 40 minute faffing around :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks guys now going on the hunt for a syringe :-)

Thanks guys now going on the hunt for a syringe :-)

you will get one in a stationary shop,

Can be bought for refilling ink in printer cartridges or for using glue in model shops,

Just dont try use em full of silicone lol it ends in A+E with stitches like me

• Like 1

now gonna go to tescos as baby calpol has a syringe in box, and get fuel to top up with , hope this works .

• Like 1

now gonna go to tescos as baby calpol has a syringe in box, and get fuel to top up with , hope this works .

sweet boil up the calpol and crystalise it too,

Waste not and all that lol

Any excuse to buy calpol! Does it still taste as good as it used to?

• Like 1

Any excuse to buy calpol! Does it still taste as good as it used to?

ive moved on to Redbull same great taste but less sugar :lol:

too damn sweet for me im afraid, still cant get this poxy car to start , had to connect the van to it now as ive deadened the battery

!Removed! nora, must of been cranking it for a while..... must be quite a bit of air in it..... did you suck it from the tank?

• Like 1

sucked on the end that feeds into the top , is that the right one ??

• Like 1

with the final suck ive done it , sorted , thanks for all your input guys :-)

• Like 2

yeah.. it should eventually start.....

what i did was, take of filter cap.... pull out filter housing clean it.. soak filter in derv before placing in housing.... replace o ring on inside of housing cap... top up housing then re-connect to the cap...... re-fit..... open up bleed nipple and force derv inside until it comes out of the nipple, close nipple.... take off in-feed suck from tank (spit out derv lol) re-connect asap.... make sure batt has great charge....... dont crank over.... turn the key to (where warning lights are) about 7 times, whilst pumping the pedal...

then start cranking.... this worked for me... took around 40 mins from start to finish..... but im no professional mechanic, just a home taught d.i.y'er

• Like 1

Jesus is this thread still car related all this talk about sucking, twisting nipples and tryin to get her goin, :lol:

you wana join in lenny? more than welcome lmao

you wana join in lenny? more than welcome lmao

the only nipples i know these days are no longer twistable Mart,

If my woman was a diesel shed be an 87 Diesel Lada not a hope of a suck or gettin er goin :lol:

So yeah im in bro!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club