Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Is Me!

JayGhia

Firstly if this is posted badly, or in the wrong place, feel free to let me know or Admin can just wipe it out, I think I'm doing this right!

My name's Jay, I'm 23 and a proud owner of my first little car. A Ford Fiesta Ghia, 1.4 and a 98'.

Why do I only just have my first car at 23? Well, to not bore you all, I had a major problem with a shoulder that kept popping joint, now literally having a metal one, half of my upper arm, shoulder, blade, and collarbone, I can move! It's awesome lol.

Did a bit of work on my own car today, finally getting my head around the bare basics that I have no doubt others have nailed down already. Replaced a door which fits nicely, and onto derusting tomorrow.

Definitely keeping my eye out for the car meets so if you see a guy with what looks like a light blue man bra extended half way down his right arm, come and shake my hand! Just lightly.. please.. A&E is no fun place.

Wish you all the best, and happy driving!

Hi welcome :)

Welcome to the club Jay. I have had a similar issue to yours as a result of dislocating my shoulder many years ago. No where near as bad as yours but at my age it is starting to cause problems as I should have had it pinned 30 odd years ago. Anyway, now it looks like you can enjoy some motoring. Good luck.

Welcome to the family Jay, you are the first bionic man I have known! :)

A first car is special at any age, 23 or 123! question is, are you going to be modding it to the max?

Cheers for all the welcomes guys.

Bruce I was after having it pinned but they said if I waited then I could have a shoulder replacement. So after a few years of gas and air every few days and a Mel Gibson impression, they have me a nice new shiny one. Local anesetic so I got to see some of it, was pretty cool actually.

And yes James, I'll be doing it up to the max! Currently have yellow filler primer every where, MOT tomorrow, and lowering springs on their way. Had to get a dent in the pillar checked out, they have the car an X Ray, and said they would pass it, so fingers crossed tomorrow it'll fly through!

Hi Jay welcome to the club! :)

I love how they have to X ray the car :D it shows how finickity they can be, but with good reason!

I had no idea they could do that. I thought that was for dodgy shoulder only! Shame I couldn't hang around and see the x ray though, his boss was due back and he did it for nout as we went to school together

now thats a result!

I don't think 23 is bad, if anything I think it's probably better driving when your a bit older..

I base this in the fact that I have just passed my test (march 28th, I'm 30 in 4 weeks) and have been driving for around a month now and absolutely love it, I love my car, I love my freedom and I love the AA (minor issue with the clutch pipe and a rusted clip...). I honestly believe that if I had a car at 18 I would have been a major contributor to high insurance claims.. I think when your a little bit older and have had to use public transport for years and years and not be able to go anywhere without careful planning it really gives you a strong appreciation for the freedom, not to mention working and saving your backside off for a nice car!!

Anyways.. Welcome fellow noobie!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree with you more John. And to cover a much spoke about issue, the dangerous driving, or 'Boy Racers'.

I've had friends right cars off, sit on the drive longer then their on the road and even attended a few funerals in the years. Now, I don't and won't drive like some of my friends have, I've learnt my lesson hard, but not paid the ultimate price just to prove my car is faster then someone else's, or that I can get home 5 minutes earlier, and inevitably end up 5 minutes earlier in the next life.

I'll be doing my car up to the max, but I see little point in spending hours and money in a car, only to floor it past people, I want people to see my car, [in years to come] and say "Yeah, nice job", not say "What a tool".

Also my insurance, fully comp is below £500, I thought I'd be looking near the 1k mark, but nope, real low.

Though I will miss sitting on the back of Dad's bike on the way to work in the summer months!

That's a really mature attitude, and one that I still didn't possess at 23!! I barely possess it now, and that's only because I'm punching above my weight with the mrs and have to pretend to be cool, calm, level headed and in control.. Although admittedly at junctions I still stomp around for little bit wondering which pedal to press lmao!

Just kidding..

Honest..

Anyways, good luck to you and I look forward to seeing the progress of your car! Now I'm off to the driving range to swing me 3 wood like the mature adult I am...!

Haha! Cheers John, means a lot mate. You're not the only one with pedal problems, I wear steelies to work, and managed to two foot my brake rather then get the clutch as well, damn size 13 feet! Bare foot to and from work I think!

Have a good time at the range, and don't forget the Golfing Jumper ;)

My car certainly won't be modded when i eventually get mine. I'm not even interested in going fast and I'm 14! I'd hate to end up dead from a car accident at a young age!

• Like 1

Mod's or no mod's, it'll still be your Pride and Joy mate, I've derusted my little shed and done a few other things, next thing is a stereo I think!

You seem like a level headed lad, a year older then my brother who is at the complete opposite end of the scale. Just watch out who you get in a car with as well.

Better to be 5 minutes late home, to the girlfriends, or the party, then to be 5 minutes early at the pearly gates.

• Like 1

post-54107-139948973256_thumb.jpg

Well that sucked.. Golfs hard..

Anyways thought Ruby looked particularly cheerful in the car park so took a quick snap to upload. New alloys on Saturday, followed by windo tint on the back. Going to get a set of side strips from a scrappy and try spray them up so match the paint, c/coded wing mirrors then see how I feel about the engine.. She's quick enough for me at the moment I think, but always wanted to mod a car and I think this is going to be a lot of fun and could look very nice! Will post pics of new wheels at w/end

• Like 1

I wouldn't dare try Golf! Still getting used to having full mobility in my right arm, good old Biomedical Mechanics, all metal. But no super strength, so I won't be on the silver screens aside Arnold with red eyes and stuff.

She looks good mate, definitely going to have to throw me some pictures once it's all done up after the weekend. I think window tint looks awesome on the Fiesta's, just not mine, too old I think. That and I'm in the stages of basic repairs, and MOT Tomorrow, which hopefully it'll pass.

With reference to the paint, try Halfords, just shy of £7 for a can. I gave them the reg at the weekend, they matched the paint and threw me a can, job done. Now I just need it to be dry outside so I can cover up my yellow patches of Filler Primer. Yellow on Silver is not a good look!

Its all about speed ;) and I am 25 :p

lol, on a serious note, for me its about practicality and looks, I could always do with a few extra horses under the bonnet to make things a bit smoother running, but I wouldnt opt for anything like supercar power!

I back that opinion 100% James. Got a great steep hill on the way to work, down to 3rd to get up that beast. Doesn't help that Dad tried to use the key that I said was for Unlock only as it had no Chip, what did he do... tried several times to start it with said key. Flooded it, and now I think I have a spark out. It's intermittent, cuts in like a turbo at random times.. On second thoughts.. I might keep it.. haha

Mod's or no mod's, it'll still be your Pride and Joy mate, I've derusted my little shed and done a few other things, next thing is a stereo I think!

You seem like a level headed lad, a year older then my brother who is at the complete opposite end of the scale. Just watch out who you get in a car with as well.

Better to be 5 minutes late home, to the girlfriends, or the party, then to be 5 minutes early at the pearly gates.

Yes I agree! I like to think I'm sensible, probably because I've grown up around adults (no siblings).

I would hate to leave my mum behind aswell, it is only me and her (+2 cats) and I don't think she would cope without me. Plus I would want to damage my car! I will be staying well within the Speed limits! (Saying that the 1.2 will need quite a bit of winding up to get it to 70 mph!)

• Like 1

You're clearly heading in the right direction with that attitude mate, and your mum just be very proud of you. Definitely got the right idea's, care to come and teach my brother some of that? Haha.

Though you'll be surprised how quickly you could get a 1.2 to 70 when you rattle through the gears!

• Like 1

Depending on the car and its condition, rattle might be all it can do through the gears. My first car (95 Citroen AX - 4 forward gears) certainly rattled and rattled and rattled!

One day I may have been daft enough to try and take it up the A1 to Scotland, and may or may not have tried to do a 0-60 test, now, the side matter is the fact that it took about 23 seconds to get there, but it definately shook the car. I also decided to push it and got it to around 93 mph (or so the speedo said - I recon it was probably more like 75 :p) and I felt like I was driving my car through a BMX track :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club