Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ding Dong!

Andy09

Argh, lol it's still happening. It only seems to be when I start my journey (within the first minute), not during (when I pull away). I'm still wondering if I have something left switched on that I don't realise yet, from when I picked it up at the dealers!

It happened when I left thecar park this evening, then again when I pulled away from the barrier. This could drive me nuts lol :)

Think I might have to break out the manual tomorrow!

As Michelle says, the only dongs I've heard is when the petty light comes on and when one of the front seat belts are undone when the car is moving. If I remember correctly, if the car is lowon petty, usually in the last quarter when the light comes, when you start the car you get the bong to remind you. Just check the yellow petrol light isn't on which is in the rev counter if I remember rightly.

If neither, then I haven't a clue.

Read The Manual

d'oh :P

As Michelle says, the only dongs I've heard is when the petty light comes on and when one of the front seat belts are undone when the car is moving. If I remember correctly, if the car is lowon petty, usually in the last quarter when the light comes, when you start the car you get the bong to remind you. Just check the yellow petrol light isn't on which is in the rev counter if I remember rightly.

If neither, then I haven't a clue.

I got the ding dong sound today and it was the low petrol indicator, however I would say it's more a ping pong than a ding dong :lol:

Ah ha! I think I'm getting somewhere! I noticed when it sounded on my last journey the parking sensor light came on on the button. If I press the button and toggle it on/off the noise occurs (when switching it off I think). So, now I'll have to check the manual to see if the light means it's on or off and fathom this one out! :)

The sound is definately different from the parking sensor noises and to the people that mentioned it above I have 3/4 of a tank of petrol and my seat belt on. So I'm hoping this button holds the key!

Ah ha! I think I'm getting somewhere! I noticed when it sounded on my last journey the parking sensor light came on on the button. If I press the button and toggle it on/off the noise occurs (when switching it off I think). So, now I'll have to check the manual to see if the light means it's on or off and fathom this one out! :)

The sound is definately different from the parking sensor noises and to the people that mentioned it above I have 3/4 of a tank of petrol and my seat belt on. So I'm hoping this button holds the key!

By the way (in case it's useful info, rather than directly relevant) you can tell the car's systems whether or not it's allowed to chime. You get two levels of choice - you can individually turn on/off the warning chimes and/or the information chimes. Ours came with the just the warning chimes enabled (maybe that's the default, or maybe somebody had been trying out the settings). Anyway, seemed sensible enough so we've left it that way.

When you put the car in reverse you get a "beep" to tell you the parking sensors are on. I only have back ones but if you have front ones Andy, maybe you get 2 beeps?! Making a ding dong sound?! Maybe?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club