Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0L Ecoboost Engine Remap Help!!!

Dope_Diamond

Hi guys. So I'm thinking of getting my 1.0L zetec S remapped. A guy near me is partnered with puma speed and wants to use my car to test and advertise. Said he'll do me a stage 3 remap for free. 170bhp. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing. Does anyone have any ideas whether my car will cope with that kind of upgrade? If not what would I need to add to it to prevent it blowing up? Haha, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi guys. So I'm thinking of getting my 1.0L zetec S remapped. A guy near me is partnered with puma speed and wants to use my car to test and advertise. Said he'll do me a stage 3 remap for free. 170bhp. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing. Does anyone have any ideas whether my car will cope with that kind of upgrade? If not what would I need to add to it to prevent it blowing up? Haha, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

It has been said that more than a "true" 140-145Hp can make the 1.0L ecoboost "peaky" and "laggy"

The firm supplying the remap should be able to advise what upgrades are nessesary (though there has been a few on here /Ford owners who were unhappy with that firm - though i have never delt with them directly)

There were people waiting for parts that were advertised . and waiting.... and waiting... and waiting

Lots of people talk of the bluefin doing amazing jobs it's all do it yourself as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Give remap science a look up they charge £200 for a remap but on 9/10 cases they come to your house Orr place off work and do the remap iv used them on my focus and they are a great firm hope this helps all performance mods are helpfull but not essential for this type of power as your car will be fitted with a turbo charger and a remap gets more power out of a turbo charged car than a non turbo charged car.

I'd like just to change the air filter to hear the turbo, upgrades seem very thin on the ground :(

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Hi mate, for the stage 3 remap you will definitely need a brand new clutch to cope with the power, a new exhaust to handle the flow rate (turbo backed) , a new air intake to being in more air to feed the engine. Is this getting supplied as part of the stage 3? Oh and some pink fluffy dice :P

Hi mate, for the stage 3 remap you will definitely need a brand new clutch to cope with the power, a new exhaust to handle the flow rate (turbo backed) , a new air intake to being in more air to feed the engine. Is this getting supplied as part of the stage 3? Oh and some pink fluffy dice :P

I'm not too sure, I don't think so cause he never mentioned any of that. I think I'm just going to go for stage 1, might still get the pink fluffy dice though.. :')

I know a guy near us had his ecoboost remapped to 160 bhp and he has done no upgrades only put a k&n panel filter on

I know a guy near us had his ecoboost remapped to 160 bhp and he has done no upgrades only put a k&n panel filter on

How's that working out for his? Any problems?

Nope no probs runs like a dream

• Like 1

Nope no probs runs like a dream

Awesome, thank you paul!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club