Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glove Box Bulb Change?

willyjonson

Hi, Can anyone explain how to change the bulb in the Glove Box,I have read a previous report but it still doesn't go far enough for me.I have dropped the Glove Box Lid but I still can't remove the bulb.There is a Allen Key screw about where the bulb/switch holder is do I have to remove that?I have unscrewed it so far but it doesn't seem to loose anything up.Anybody who can help I'd be grateful! or have you had the same trouble as me? By the way Fiesta Mk 7.5.

Does anyone have a pic of this as I plan to wire one in

No need to undo any screws or allen bolts on mine - it is just a push fit - carefully squeeze the two clips at the front (one of the clips is around the actual switch post itself, the other a couple of cm's to the right). It is attached fairly tight (as you would expect), but with a bit of careful persistence, does come off.

Once off, I had to dismantle it to get the old bulb out and new bulb in, but again, is just clipped together with 4 clips - 2 each side - gently push each one in with a small screwdriver... Oh, and watch out, because it is spring loaded!!

See pic...

post-52177-139924547107_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Lightning for the Info and Photo.I changed bulb yesterday in 5 mins.I don't know what I was messing about at before, I think it's not quite knowing whats tied up with what and hence breaking something because of it. Anyway thanks for everything and the time to bother.

No problem, happy to help! I know what you mean though, is very difficult to see some things, so when someone else has already done it, make the whole process a lot easier.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club