Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Order Date - Production Date - Arrival (Zetec-S)

Bede.

Hello Guys/Girls!

Had a 2013 Fiesta Zetec-S Panther black which I picked up last year. (Profile Pic)
Unfortunately the car was written off as of 1st January 2014. (Happy New Year) :(
Decided to go through my insurance company as opposed to my GAP insurance because I thought the process would be a lot less complicated and I'd be back on the road quicker than setting up a whole new finance deal to get a new car.

However, It took the Insurance company from the 2nd of January to the 16th April to order a new vehicle which I'm very unhappy about as I rely on my car for work and because the car was deemed beyond economical repair, I wasn't entitled to a Courtesy car. The only plus side is it will be a brand new vehicle. Now according to my Ford Dealer the order was put in on the 16th April, received an estimated production date of 25th April and then to allow for delivery once it's been built. So I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as to when I will finally be able to pick up my car as you can imagine I'm getting slightly impatient. June onwards would make it 6 months without a vehicle which I am still paying for each month.. Is this an acceptable time scale for an insurance company to replace a vehicle? :wacko:

If anyone can give me a reasonable date range of when to expect it from their personal experience, it would be much appreciated,
Thanks. :)

- Stefan

It does seem to vary. I ordered mine on 4th April, and the order was submitted on 7th April. I was given a production date of 28th - which it was - and it is now in Dagenham awaiting delivery (via rail and road and a magical mystery tour of most of the North West I think) and I'm 'expecting' it to hit the dealer somewhere around the 10th - 17th (spoke to them this weekend, but with it being Bank Holiday there was no admin around who could check this stuff). No idea why it's taking longer to come to the North West from Dagenham than it took to get from Cologne to Dagenham but hey ho. Others have reported longer, and shorter, times from production to delivery. Once it hits the dealer I think it depends how busy they are but it seems that a couple of days to almost a week seems to be the average for them to PDI them, tax them etc. etc.

If you call the dealer they should by now be able to tell you where it is, and as long as it was produced when they said then it could be in the country already.

As for an 'acceptable' time scale for an insurance company to replace a vehicle.....personally I'd say no but what's 'acceptable' and what's 'normal' are often two different things. I guess it also depends on if you're claiming off your insurer in at 'at fault' accident or were they claiming off someone else's?

Mine was ordered 18th Feb, built 17th march, picked up 19th April

Mine was ordered 8th march built 8th april picked up the 26th april it was in the uk the 15th April they had it easter weekend anyone at ford should knowvthe where abouts my sales guy tracked everything

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your replies! Feel abit better now.

Any of you guys know the dates you received your V5 certificates through the post?

They come a week or so later.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks, Rang the dealership earlier and the guy dealing with my order isn't in as it's bank holiday. The woman who i spoke to seems to think the car IS definitely built but not in Dagenham yet for reasons she could not give me. also couldn't provide me with a VIN, Registration or an Arrival date. dont think there's anything else I can as of now. Just hope the car was built on the 'estimated production date' so it's on time.