Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamondbrite

DanGull

Hello all,

I've just looked over my order note and have remembered that the dealer threw in a Diamondbrite paint and fabric treatment (and knocked off another £500) when I was pretending to get ready to walk out...

Is this treatment worth having? I was given the standard demonstrations of how it works, but does it actually do anything day to day? If it does, I'll buy some of the Diamondbrite cleaning kit for the car - if not I'll stick with Autoglym!

Hello all,

I've just looked over my order note and have remembered that the dealer threw in a Diamondbrite paint and fabric treatment (and knocked off another £500) when I was pretending to get ready to walk out...

Is this treatment worth having? I was given the standard demonstrations of how it works, but does it actually do anything day to day? If it does, I'll buy some of the Diamondbrite cleaning kit for the car - if not I'll stick with Autoglym!

Hi there Dan. I have been agonising over this diamondbrite issue for weeks now, and I have worked out that the diamondbrite MUST be washed with its own special conditioner, and you should get some of that with the car.

The diamondbrite has to be washed with that stuff regularly to maintain the diamondbrite coating.

I have also heard many recommendations (both here and elsewhere) that you really should get the diamondbrite applied to the car by a professional valeter, as opposed to that lad down the dealership who gets 50p per car and really doesn't care about it.

Diamondbrite is basically just a rock-hard synthetic resin coating, so even if you wax the car all you are doing is putting wax on top of resin at no benefit to the paintwork whatsoever

I was originally considering this as my dealer was offering it at a severe discount. To be honest I am now leaning about 80% towards forgetting the diamondbrite and just washing and waxing the car in a similar fashion to Greeny

Also the wax will give a far superior finish to the painwork, especially noticeable on darker coloured cars

Anyway. In regard to the fabric protector side of things. As far as I could tell this is just Scotchgard™ under a different name. I am fairly certain it will wear off within a couple of months, just like Scotchgard™. In any event I chose a leather interior and my car comes with mats so the fabric protector is irrelevant.

Only real benefit is that Diamondbrite will "probably" protect your paintwork for longer, with less cleaning and care

Jon

Thanks for the reply Jon - that's interesting.

I've always had a good cleaning regime with my cars, it'll be interesting to see if I notice any difference. I'll condition the car with Diamondbrite products - if I'm not liking the results I'm sure I can remove the remove the resin and go back to waxing myself.

I would avoid it at all costs. There is much better stuff out there to protect a cars paintwork. One of the very best waxes is AutoGym High def. wax - it costs a whopping £40 a tub, but it is far better than the stuff your dealer wants you to have. It will easily last 6 months + before you even need to think about waxing it again. Greenymk7 will come along with his advice too and say the same thing about avoiding them. I belive he uses dodo juice which is also very good.

Thanks for the reply Jon - that's interesting.

I've always had a good cleaning regime with my cars, it'll be interesting to see if I notice any difference. I'll condition the car with Diamondbrite products - if I'm not liking the results I'm sure I can remove the remove the resin and go back to waxing myself.

No problem Dan. Check out this site:

http://www.clean-image.co.uk/

Loads of really good info there...

One other thing is that it might come with some sort of guarantee for your paint and fabric, which would be good. Not sure if it would be too easy to remove though

I would avoid it at all costs. There is much better stuff out there to protect a cars paintwork. One of the very best waxes is AutoGym High def. wax - it costs a whopping £40 a tub, but it is far better than the stuff your dealer wants you to have. It will easily last 6 months + before you even need to think about waxing it again. Greenymk7 will come along with his advice too and say the same thing about avoiding them. I belive he uses dodo juice which is also very good.

Afternoon Mark. You know when I hear someone saying...

It will easily last 6 months + before you even need to think about waxing it again

It more or less seals the deal for me, Wax is the way to go!

on top of that there is also the cost to consider. To get the Diamondbrite professionally applied you are looking at 250-300 all in, which equates to about 7 tubs of that super good wax you mentioned, the wax would therefor probably last longer than the Diamondbrite!

Hmmm, interesting discussion people - thanks.

I'm not paying for Diamondbrite - now in a dilemma as to whether to phone the dealer and tell them not to apply it when the car arrives!

I'm not paying for Diamondbrite - now in a dilemma as to whether to phone the dealer and tell them not to apply it when the car arrives!

Why not ring them and tell them not to bother to do it and let you have the stuff. Then sell it on, and buy the waxes that people are talking about? :)

Lol now you are in the same boat as me. Welcome!

I think the deciding factor is where you live and your lifestyle. For instance if you work all day every day and are busy the rest of the time, and on top of that you have to park on the street 100 odd yards from your front door, then you might only find yourself washing the car once or twice a year lets say. In that case get Diamondbrite, that way the car is protected for years and the dirt and road salt will only eat the sealant and not the paintwork.

On the other hand if you live in a house with a driveway and you have pleanty of spare time on your hands then the wax is the best option

Dont just get it cos its free. Afterall not all free things are good...

Heres some proof why wax is the best way to go.....this is my car which was done in AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine wax.

DSC04817.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

:)

looking good Mark!

My one will look just like yours when it arrives! Cant wait

Good call Nipz - I think I'll be especially cheeky and ask them to do the inside but not the outside!

Jon - indeed, I see your point. I'm busy most of the time but like to find time to clean the car often. I do have a drive as well.

Thanks all.

Good call Nipz - I think I'll be especially cheeky and ask them to do the inside but not the outside!

Sounds like a great plan!!!

I have had my car Diamondbrite'd.

I think it was well worth £195 and have noticed a considerable difference in how shiny and sparkly it looks :) it is much better to have it done when the car is brand new as it doesn't work as effectively later on (so am I told anyway)

I personally wanted it as this is the first (probably only) new car I will ever have and I wanted to protect the paint as much as possibly. My Mum previously had it on her 56 plate MK6 facelift Ghia Black fiesta and it was really noticeable how much nicer it looked on her car.

I would say when my car is clean it looks as good if not better as any tub of wax would :)

WAX WAX WAX WAX WAX WAX :lol:

forget it is all i will say.

You will get much better results without it being applied. You also have the problem of who is applying it as if they do it wrong you will have lots of swirl marks on the paint.

Good preparation for waxing the car and a good high quality wax will see you through the summer and another couple of coats before winter will be fine.

Most wax pots will do you for around 5 years or so.

If you have the money get a clay Bar, Quick detailing spray and a good wax.

Personally i use dodo juice hard wax. I would recommend dodo juice supernatural if you can spend £60 on a wax its well worth it, it performs as good as waxes up at £500/700

I haven't tried AG HD wax yet but with good prep work it should also be very good.

Heres some proof why wax is the best way to go.....this is my car which was done in AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine wax.

DSC04817.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

:)

looks great mark but i think you applied too much pressure on the front. :lol:

As I'm changing the order, I plan on using the Diamondbrite as a bargaining chip to see if I can upgrade to a Titanium without too huge a price hike. Bye bye Diamondbrite as far as I'm concerned.

As I'm changing the order, I plan on using the Diamondbrite as a bargaining chip to see if I can upgrade to a Titanium without too huge a price hike. Bye bye Diamondbrite as far as I'm concerned.

Yea thats a good plan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club