Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting?

Fenners

Hi,

I have a 13 plate fiesta ztec, I've been reading everywhere about ambient lighting and I'm a little confused?

I have the glove box mood light can you change the colour of this?

Cup holder lighting I can't see or the rear footwell lighting, should I have this?

Thanks all

Your cup holder lighting is up by the mirror and projects downwards on them. There isn't anything in the back iirc and the front door cards also have small lights for the bottle holder.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks Matt, front door cards? What are these

Bit of a novice when it comes to cars haha

Lol the big bit of plastic on the inside of the door. When you open it its the first thing you see.

• Like 1

The origin of the ambient lighting was a strip of LED along the dash just above the glovebox and a (very dim) light in the cubby hole in front of the gear stick. Have they now done away with these on the latest model? I also understand that on some of the new models the centre cup holders have led's built in?

Depends on the model, if you have an arm rest the lights are a little band that go around them. If not then there are two small lights by the rear view mirror that project down to the cup holders. Rest is the same.

Thanks Matt I'll have a look, any way of changing the colour of the lighting in settings or anything?

Unfortunately not, I'd of thought Ford would have stolen that idea from mini but underestimated them. bulbs can be changed but not many if any have done so yet. I will in a few weeks once work settles down and I get a nice warm and dry weekend to attempt it.

Let me know how it goes Matt :)

Depends on the model, if you have an arm rest the lights are a little band that go around them. If not then there are two small lights by the rear view mirror that project down to the cup holders. Rest is the same.

On the ST I have both, plus glove box and door cards :)

I have the ztec ecoboost, still not sure what the door cards are or the lights by the mirror haha!

If you check my project :) I've changed the glove box light to blue, my next one is to do the cup holder lights but I believe the zetec doesn't have them due to no armrest as matt says

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club