Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrong Tyres??

Guitarman91

Hello all.

I'm new to this forum but thought I'd try and see if anybody could help me out. I've recently bought a 2000 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 and thought I'd check the tyre pressures today.

I've checked in the handbook to see what pressure the tyres should be but the tyres on the car don't match what they should be in the handbook. The tyres on the car are 175/65 R14 and in the book they should be 165/70 R13. Is this a problem or am I just being stupid? Also the tyres on the car are a mixture of 82T and 82H. All the tread depths are good.

Should I be looking to replace all tyres with the same tyre type and getting the size that's in the handbook?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

the tyres on the car don't match what they should be in the handbook. The tyres on the car are 175/65 R14 and in the book they should be 165/70 R13. Is this a problem or am I just being stupid? Also the tyres on the car are a mixture of 82T and 82H.

Should I be looking to replace all tyres with the same tyre type and getting the size that's in the handbook?

R14 means a 14 inch diameter and R13 means a 13 inch diameter (across the inner rim of the tyre) so it would appear that your car is on non-standard wheels.

R14 means a 14 inch diameter and R13 means a 13 inch diameter (across the inner rim of the tyre) so it would appear that your car is on non-standard wheels.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. Do you know what pressure these tyres should be? I can't find it anywhere online.

the tyre pressure should be little different, I would say add 2PSI per tyre to be on the safe side

If your not certain ask at your local tyre supplier they should know

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

id stick with them, your not much out on the speedo calibration. the t and h are only speed ratings, on what the tires are tested to....

they are a tad wider, better grip.... they have lowered the profile down to match the rise in rim diameter so they dont rub....

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll stick with them and get down to my local tyre supplier to find out pressures.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club