Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mega Coolant Leak And Im Pretty Clueless

stephenyhc

Hello all, I have just bought a fiesta 1.25 lx, 99 model, used but when I checked it out and drove it everything seemed fine, that was 3 days ago.

Now, I have just drove it for 20 minutes and it leaked an entire coolant tank all over the floor.

I had to get back so filled it up again and the same thing happened. The majority of the coolant pours out when I'm idling or coming to a stop.

The car isn't overheating, runs well, oil seems fine.

Any idea why it's started to do this?

Can you pinpoint the exact location? It could be anything from a hose or thermostat housing to a crack in the block

Could be water pump or thermostat housing.

If you can get the alternator off, then fill up and check if you can see where it is leaking from.

Thermostat housing is on the front of the engine (black plastic with 2 short pipes) and the water pump is on the left hand side

I can't pinpoint where it's coming from because it's now not!

I have just drove 6 miles to get home, the water has gone from the max to just below the minimum line but it's not flooding out anymore.

However the coolant in the reservoir is so hot it's bubbling. The engine is running great, it's got no problems driving, it doesn't feel overly hot, nothing smells like it's burning but you can visibly see how hot the water is

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Could be water pump or thermostat housing.

If you can get the alternator off, then fill up and check if you can see where it is leaking from.

Thermostat housing is on the front of the engine (black plastic with 2 short pipes) and the water pump is on the left hand side

Whereabouts would the alternator be?

Head gasket will so be fried if u carry on driving

Head gasket will so be fried if u carry on driving

it not going anywhere now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club