Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Ideas Anyone?

Emzz

Hi all, I have a 1999 focus 1.8 ghia, and it has been running and starting fine. I popped to the shops earlier and when i came back to the car to start it up it didnt do anything, not even turn over, only the dash lights came on, I kept trying but nothing, after about 10-15 mins i tried again and it started! Any ideas to what the problem could of been? Someone said maybe the battery needs replacing? but im not sure, so any ideas would be appreciated. thank you.

Hi all, I have a 1999 focus 1.8 ghia, and it has been running and starting fine. I popped to the shops earlier and when i came back to the car to start it up it didnt do anything, not even turn over, only the dash lights came on, I kept trying but nothing, after about 10-15 mins i tried again and it started! Any ideas to what the problem could of been? Someone said maybe the battery needs replacing? but im not sure, so any ideas would be appreciated. thank you.

sounds like the battery,

Your local Halfords have a bosh hand held device that will measure your battery and yhey can then tell you if you need a new one, costs less than 10 pounds to have them check it. Think they may even check for free.

Suggest checking all battery connections are tight and secure.

Had something similar to this years ago and was just a loose connection onto the battery.

The batteries can die suddenly. Seen it happen a few times including one of my own Fords.

• Like 1

Agree with the above, check the battery, if it looks old, its probably past its life expectancy. Batteries can last up to about 7 years if looked after. If not, then they last less still. Make sure its Silver Calcium, and just check its general wear and tear / dirty clean status to see if it looks like its clocked up a few miles. You can buy a new one from the right place at a good price (anything as little as £40.00

Also handy to get a free battery and alternator test done, pop into several different kwik fits, or other local garages who may offer the service. That way, if they all advise the same thing, then you dont need to worry its just one trying to extort you. I did this a good 6 months ago with my CMAX, and all 3 garages said the battery was kaput! took the battery back to euro car parts, and after a fair amount of argument had it swapped free under warranty, and hasnt been a problem till I sold it a few months ago. I took the battery out and put another one into the car, as it was only two months old. The car still works to my knowledge without issue, but then again its sat on a guys driveway trying to be sold!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club