Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minor Damage

ed12

Had a slight incident. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

post-37373-0-36962400-1399310303_thumb.j

post-37373-0-19161300-1399310324_thumb.j

post-37373-0-99852400-1399310349_thumb.j

post-37373-0-42960500-1399310369_thumb.j

post-37373-0-04725200-1399310399_thumb.j

post-37373-0-77481500-1399310424_thumb.j

post-37373-0-50979400-1399310449_thumb.j

post-37373-0-00294300-1399310542_thumb.j

Holy smokes what happened there? *apart from a crash of course...* :)

Ouch, get the feeling its not going to be repairable.... :(

Had a fight with a pole, which I lost. Bags didn't go off though, so my face is intact. Which is always a bonus! Looks like wings, bonnet, lights + fogs, rads, bumper, bonnet lock, crash bar, undertray, arch liners & airbox (both parts). Slight buckling to the crash bar connection plate, not lost any fluids, engine doesn't appear to have sustained damage, but that's all I could make out! Has a full tank of petrol as well :(

Saw an identical model, literally exactly the same (well, before I crashed it) go on eBay for £2,200, with short MOT and Part SH (mines full SH). Front end will be £500-600, that's not including paint, dealing with any other issues it throws up etc. Can't say it looks worth doing to be honest.

Had a fight with a pole, which I lost. Bags didn't go off though, so my face is intact. Which is always a bonus! Looks like wings, bonnet, lights + fogs, rads, bumper, bonnet lock, crash bar, undertray, arch liners & airbox (both parts). Slight buckling to the crash bar connection plate, not lost any fluids, engine doesn't appear to have sustained damage, but that's all I could make out! Has a full tank of petrol as well :(

Saw an identical model, literally exactly the same (well, before I crashed it) go on eBay for £2,200, with short MOT and Part SH (mines full SH). Front end will be £500-600, that's not including paint, dealing with any other issues it throws up etc. Can't say it looks worth doing to be honest.

you could always take this oppertunity to upgrade to the mk2.5 front end,

Headlights,

Wings,

Bonnet,

Bumper,

Would just need the indicayor wing mirrors aswell,

Make it worth your while repairing it as it would be different in the end rather than what was.

I was considering it. All depends how much it'll cost really, I'd rather take a loss overall (compared to fixing and selling on) just so I don't have to see the thing any more.

• Like 1

ouch, just glad your ok though.

Sorry to see this. Glad your face is intact and the rest of you too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah, very lucky to not have a scratch. I was about to do the xenon upgrade, pleased I didn't! Will take all the bits off and list them on eBay. Had some ST3 parts, for those interested in upgrades! ;) Only need a car for a few months, so will locate a cheap mk1 for now, transfer insurance etc.

How did it happen ed?

Didn't see mud in the road whilst it was pouring down with rain, gone to brake and begin to steer around the corner. That's about it really, one minute I'm complaining about the weather, next minute I'm staring at a pole lol

Thought ABS should of kicked in to prevent that?

When did it happen today?

Nah, last week on a country road. Well it did stop, as the airbags didn't go off. So I can't have hit it too hard.

Too hard. Jesus that damage is bad enough. I'd be spitting feathers. And lots of expletives.

Glad your ok at the end of the day

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed. Especially as all the work that's gone into it - if you saw the thread with the LED & facelift rear end. Serviced a few weeks ago, MOT till Jan, was looking forward to not spending any more money on cars this summer! :cry:

!Removed! hell! I expect that will be a write off unfortunately but as Lenny said, you could probably do the job yourself for the same amount with an upgrade. I would say though, your looking at the best part of £2k there unless you can get some cheaper deals, but its going to take you some time. The worst part is repairing the crash bar, that will set you back a few hundred at least, but also It looks like the air con pipes are stuffed as well.

Maybe get a payout from the insurance and buy the car back dirt cheap and fix it up?

You can pick up whole front ends including rads for £5-600 on eBay. But honestly I can't be bothered with it, my no claims is worth more to me for the car I have my eyes on when the policy runs out. Will eBay as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

top be honest, either way your out of pocket, so its just a case of save the no claims and buy a new car (then sell yours from scrap / parts) or alternatively go abouts repairing it, but as that does not appear to be your favoured roots, it just depends on how much space you have on the driveway and how long you want to look at it for! If you sold its parts, you could probably recoup the costs of replacing the car, it might take a while though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club