ecreative

Ford Sync Updates

Hi,

Has anyone managed to find out when we will be able to update our Ford SYNC in the UK?

My friend recently bought a 2014 reg Fiesta and they have a software version of V4.00.7 and I'm running V3.00.7 on my 2013 Fiesta.

Its crap that the US have been able to download updates for a long while now and we can't :(

I'm also wondering this ....

Is there anything different in the software between your car and your friend's?

From what I've played with it seems quicker and just smoother in general. Also I seem to suffer from my iPhone not steaming music sometimes when I first get in my car, which my friends doesn't do. It seems Ford has sorted out some bugs and I want to be able to fix mine!

I got to admit the sync on my 14 plate is much smoother than on my old 13 plate fiesta. On the older sync version sometimes I would press the voice command button, the sync menu would appear but no sound , also used to get a few play list errors on my ipod but no issues at all on my 14 plate sync version.

I got to admit the sync on my 14 plate is much smoother than on my old 13 plate fiesta. On the older sync version sometimes I would press the voice command button, the sync menu would appear but no sound , also used to get a few play list errors on my ipod but no issues at all on my 14 plate sync version.

Same here mate, I had issues with my 13 plate fiesta where for instance I'd answer the phone through the car and afterwards it would hang up and the music wouldn't start again. But with my we plate had no bother so far :)

Marc

:)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

Are you guys on version 4.00.7 then? Mine hasn't done anything wrong at all, but there are times when I think it could be a bit quicker! I need to check my version lol.

How do you check the version? Guess it's in the menu somewhere.

I've updated my headunit on my pre-facelift Fiesta, the files were all on Ford's website and yeah it's all through the USB.. They'll probably put it live on the website when enough changes/patches are made to make the firmware update actually viable. Just my opinion though :P

Word has it you can get the update via torrents. Too !Removed! to try it myself in case it breaks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

The closest thing in my menu to a version number is something like U03_00_09, guess it's an older one too!

Can't say I'd trust a torrent either, wonder what a car virus would do lol.

I had mine done at the dealer I bought it from. They used their computer and download it into the head unit, either from the computer itself or from a stick via the USB socket, I was not actually watching when they did it, it took about 30 mins.

I had a problem with the directory being empty, when I believed that it should not have been. The contact list from the phone should be uploaded when the phone is paired, but the directory is loaded manually one at a time by the user [you] [ as it uses voice recognition, yours] to dial the number, or name. If the phone is unpaired then the 'directory' is automatically deleted.

As far as I know the sync has to be done by a dealer. Mine said that they do not do it unless there is a problem reported.

I've found the complete opposite, my 13 plate Fiesta was fine, now my 14 plate Zetec S is horrendous. And it's a shame as every other aspect of the car I absolutely love!

Never had a problem with SYNC before but my 14 plate rarely understands me, and is constantly giving "unknown artist" "unknown playlist" when using my ipod which never happened before!

There's no chance of Ford adopting "CarPlay" for iOS is there.. Ya know, for older cars...?

I've a 63 plate ZS and Siri is actually pretty good - but useless when you're connected to Sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I just checked and I'm on V4.00.7 too. The only problem I've had is that at first it refused to play music from a USB stick. I got it working but I don't remember how, probably just reconnecting it a couple times.

There's no chance of Ford adopting "CarPlay" for iOS is there.. Ya know, for older cars...?

I've a 63 plate ZS and Siri is actually pretty good - but useless when you're connected to Sync.

I would love to have Siri running in my car with CarPlay but I don't think Ford with make a plug and play version for older cars, that's not what car companies usually do, instead they'll force people to buy new cars. I have noticed that Alpine will be making them though but I would like a Ford system.

You're probably right.

It strikes me in these times of phones with flashable software that car manufacturers could actually breed a bit of brand loyalty by keeping up with upgrades.

The hardware in the dash can basically be made to do anything.

Yeah you'd think they would bring out upgrades and updates. Like if you want rear parking sensors added to your car you can't get the same system that comes on new cars you have to get a recommended 3rd party one. You'd think they would make it so the car can be upgraded

The hardware in the dash can basically be made to do anything.

Exactly. They should be able to make Sync compatible with everything that is likely to be connected to it, just like computer manufacturers have always done (whether it always works is another matter). It just comes down to cost in the end though.