ecreative

Ford Sync Updates

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me... I've been trying to update the software in my Fiesta with Sync 1.1. I downloaded the latest version (5.11 I believe) from the Ford website using my car's VIN, corrected the install.lst file as per previous posts and when I try to run the update  the screen sits on 'Installation in progress...' and nothing else happens.

The first time I left it for well over an hour before giving up. I tried again with the same files, again leaving it for over an hour with the same result. I have also tried with an older version posted earlier in this thread (5.9 I think) on a different USB drive and had the same results again.

If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful!

I download files from official "FORD UPDATE WEBSIDE". The problem is inside the two doccuments. There is wrong file selected in command, like it was written few post above.

1. Format your USB stick to FAT32. My is 16GB alocates file was 8192 bytes (it's standart I think).

2. Unzip all files to your hard disk.

3. Now you have to change sum in line command, so open in by text editor eg. wordpad. Ford write KB but should be KC. That's why sync can't find the files. And I move all files to root directory without any folders. So I delete SyncMyRide sums in this two files as well.

4. edit install.lst

5. edit autoinstall.lst

6. I don't know I have to or not but I copy all files to root directory (without any folders)

I've made some screens for you for easier undestand. If somethings goes wrong let know. I winn it today.

During update progress i've listen DAB radio. Voice command saying comunicates about progress. It took about 20 mins.

My version now it"s 5.11.

install.jpg

autoinstal.jpg

usb containgin.jpg

Is there still a live link for the 5.11 download? Or can somebody upload the edited 5.11?

Does it need to be specifically for the fiesta? I did this update for my Focus before upgrading to sync 3 and posted the files (I think) on my build thread.

Please make sure that they're compatible before trying them out though, I don't want to be responsible for any fkups...

Thanks for the reply @Maovi. I tried again but it didn't work so I found an old USB 2.0 flash drive, copied the files to that and it worked! I've no idea why it wouldn't work on a USB 3.0 flash drive since it can read the files but the problem is solved so I'm happy!

Hey guys!

Can you help me determine what kind of sync version i'm using, and if there is any update to it?

It does not display song information via bluetooth and i would very much like if it would! Thank you!

sync.jpg

9 hours ago, z07713 said:

Hey guys!

Can you help me determine what kind of sync version i'm using, and if there is any update to it?

It does not display song information via bluetooth and i would very much like if it would! Thank you!

AM5T = Sync 1.0

D1BT = Sync 1.1

You therefore have Sync 1.0, and will need to upgrade to 1.1 for bluetooth track names. There's a complete guide on the forum if you search for it.

19 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

AM5T = Sync 1.0

D1BT = Sync 1.1

You therefore have Sync 1.0, and will need to upgrade to 1.1 for bluetooth track names. There's a complete guide on the forum if you search for it.

Thanks, i alerady ordered the necessary part, according to the guide you referenced to!

On 4/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, John Z said:
On 4/8/2018 at 10:20 PM, Smartd00d said:

PM your email & I'll upload the files to WeTransfer if you want

May i have too? 

On 3/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, liamstears said:

How To Install New UK Update 5.11:

First download new update from Ford website directly here:
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Then format a USB stick to Fat32

From zip file downloaded above extract SyncMyRide folder to USB stick (if you go onto USB stick you should have "SyncMyRide" folder)

Download 2 files attached to this post, rename them removing the .txt extension and place them both on the root of the USB stick (you should have 2 files "install.lst" and "autoinstall.lst")

USB stick should now have 2 files and 1 folder containing another 7 files

Place USB stick into car, start engine, turn OFF start/stop, go into menu - Sync Settings, Install on sync, press yes

Installation will take approximately 20 minutes, do not turn of engine/ignition or remove USB stick until sync verbally tells you the update is complete and the update complete message comes up on the screen

autoinstall.lst.txt

install.lst.txt

This worked great first time for me! Didn't get a verbal confirmation but it popped up on screen when it was complete and now showing v5.11 in the menu 👍

Thanks so much! 

On 7/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, Luke4efc said:

AM5T = Sync 1.0

D1BT = Sync 1.1

Hey Luke!

The new part ahs arrived and i already installed it, and i'd like to update it if possible! However, on the box it clearly states "D1BT-..." but in the menu, it says "E1BT-..." so i'm a little confused!

Would you be so kind clarify it to me? Thanks...

new.jpg

3 hours ago, z07713 said:

The new part ahs arrived and i already installed it, and i'd like to update it if possible! However, on the box it clearly states "D1BT-..." but in the menu, it says "E1BT-..." so i'm a little confused!

Yes that looks fine. The part numbers can be D1BT or E1BT, just the first one is usually more common. You should be able to update now.

9 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes that looks fine. The part numbers can be D1BT or E1BT, just the first one is usually more common. You should be able to update now.

Thank you! Any chance you have the update files? I managed to download the "russian" 5.11 that was linked here on another thread, but if i read correctly the current version from FORD is even newer, but i just cant download it 😕

8 hours ago, z07713 said:

Thank you! Any chance you have the update files? I managed to download the "russian" 5.11 that was linked here on another thread, but if i read correctly the current version from FORD is even newer, but i just cant download it 😕

Why can't you download it? I'm assuming it's your VIN that prevents you from accessing them if so find one from a 2015+ Fiesta and it should work. 5.11 will get you pretty much every feature I believe, the newer ones appear to just be but fixes.

5 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Why can't you download it? I'm assuming it's your VIN that prevents you from accessing them if so find one from a 2015+ Fiesta and it should work. 5.11 will get you pretty much every feature I believe, the newer ones appear to just be but fixes.

yes that was my problem exactly, and also i did find a VIN after 2015 but the official page gave me "please try again later" error messages only 😕

however i managed to find the latest 5.11 and successfully updated my APIM module, but now i have the following problem:

tried to install spotify (an older version that still supports sync) and it worked only at the first time, after that its not authorized!?

20180711_181754.jpg

20180711_182323.jpg

hello guys I could use some help.

my wife just got a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta titanium 2015 it has sync/sat nav and she wants it updated. so I went over to the Ford update site and everytime I put in her Vin it says try again later.

does the update just update the sync system or the maps also? any help would be great thank you

1 hour ago, MR-MURRELL said:

hello guys I could use some help.

my wife just got a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta titanium 2015 it has sync/sat nav and she wants it updated. so I went over to the Ford update site and everytime I put in her Vin it says try again later.

does the update just update the sync system or the maps also? any help would be great thank you

Updates sync only, to updates map you need an sd card, latest is v6, head over to eBay and type in this listing number: 173409432135

Cheapest on there at the moment, you can occasionally pick them up for £20-25 but that price is still good (some sellers are about £40, think ford is £60-80)

18 minutes ago, liamstears said:

Updates sync only, to updates map you need an sd card, latest is v6, head over to eBay and type in this listing number: 173409432135

Cheapest on there at the moment, you can occasionally pick them up for £20-25 but that price is still good (some sellers are about £40, think ford is £60-80)

latest is v8. 

thank you I will check ebay 🙂

how can I get the new Sync update ? the ford update site keeps saying try again later it does says the right model and year for the car on the site. I know theres an update as the new version is 5:11 I belive

2 hours ago, iantt said:

latest is v8. 

Isn't that just for the new touch screen sync systems?

34 minutes ago, Zico said:

Isn't that just for the new touch screen sync systems?

nope, v8 is now available. touch screen sync 2 uses "f" cards. sync3 has none. 

im on v7 on my sync1.0 with nav. 

what liam is showing on ebay is a 2016 card, bit out out date now. 

It's a shame that the cost of keeping in-car systems updated is so extortionate 😮.

5 hours ago, iantt said:

nope, v8 is now available. touch screen sync 2 uses "f" cards. sync3 has none. 

im on v7 on my sync1.0 with nav. 

what liam is showing on ebay is a 2016 card, bit out out date now. 

Wasn't aware newer cards were available, thought the updates were only for touchscreens

So I actually just bought a new card myself, claims to be the latest and compatible with the Fiesta, will give it a go and if all is well I will sell my V6 card

Thanks for the heads up