ecreative

Ford Sync Updates

Where did you buy from? Ian's link above?

For people finding the UK Ford official sync update giving the error 'not available' try using a different browser - I changed from Chrome with an ad blocker to Edge and things worked. I still had a problem with my VIN saying I was up to date but this a lie. I then used a VIN for a 2015 model I found online and got an option to download the files. I later found the VIN is for a USA vehicle so now I'm concerned the software might be region specific as autoinstall.lst is different to those posted for the fix:

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-HC
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-HC.cab

Can somebody post the actual working (edited) files for the UK V5.11 for download to help ,

Thanks Folks

I have also been unable to download the update.

If someone could please upload  the files that contain E1BT-14D546-HC.cab that would be fantastic. 

Thank you.

Hello @ All, the Ford Page answer me " ihave the newest update" my sync 1.1 version is 5.08. 

Can i anyone downlowad the newest files for my Sync ? 

could someone provide me with the files, that would be super nice thank you

k-IMG_20180716_060001.jpg

k-IMG_20180716_060014.jpg

k-IMG_20180716_060023.jpg

k-IMG_20180716_060038.jpg

k-IMG_20180716_060051.jpg

k-IMG_20180716_060103.jpg

https://www108.zippyshare.com/v/PSQtarmK/file.html

I've uploaded the ZIP file I downloaded from Ford UK here. The filename is 3FADP4AJ9FM121178.txt ( I renamed the .zip to .txt )

Download the file, rename it to a .zip and extract it to your USB.

I hope this works....

42 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

I've uploaded the ZIP file I downloaded from Ford UK here. The filename is 3FADP4AJ9FM121178.txt ( I renamed the .zip to .txt )

I hope this works....

Is it suitable for 58 titanium? 

hello, thanks for the files. I copied the files to a freshly formatted fat32 usb stick. first try, no sync installation files found.
then I have copied all files on ridemysync folder in the root directory and the two files on large uppercase tested and corrected. second try, no installation files found.

what else could I try?

Best regards
Michael

3 hours ago, Medicine Man said:

I hope this works....

hello, thanks for the files. I copied the files to a freshly formatted fat32 usb stick. first try, no sync installation files found.
then I have copied all files on ridemysync folder in the root directory and the two files on large uppercase tested and corrected. second try, no installation files found.

what else could I try?

Best regards
Michael

Yes, I'm getting the same issue 'files not found'. Maybe somebody could upload an updated version of the update that has worked successfully to zippyshare...

Good Morning,
I have again checked all entries in autoinstall and install lst files and adapted to the existing files. 
Now I am one step further and sync starts to install, but then aborts with the message: this version does not work with the existing one. 
Does anyone have any update files for sync 1.1 Focus 10/2013?

On 7/15/2018 at 11:47 PM, Zico said:

Where did you buy from? Ian's link above?

Came from eBay....Much cheaper

Arrived today anyway, please see attached pic, looks completely different to the old one, actually had a V7 (2017 Maps) which you can see on the left and new one on the right

What I noticed though is that the new card when inserted just worked straight away no problems at all but I remember when inserting the old V7 one it had to do some updates etc before it would work

Questions is, is that normal? Or should the new card have done some updates too?

20180718_090706.jpg

6 hours ago, liamstears said:

Arrived today anyway, please see attached pic, looks completely different to the old one, actually had a V7 (2017 Maps) which you can see on the left and new one on the right

What I noticed though is that the new card when inserted just worked straight away no problems at all but I remember when inserting the old V7 one it had to do some updates etc before it would work

Questions is, is that normal? Or should the new card have done some updates too?

20180718_090706.jpg

Hey I ordered the new 2018 SD for my wife following advice from this forum, my wife had a v5 SD from 2014 so the new card that looks like yours on the right did loads of updates but works perfectly fined in her system so far.

now regarding the Sync update from ford I was getting try again later message using Edge browser using my wifes VIN, now switching the browser to chrome for me worked !! using her Vin produced the update from the UK site !! thank you all for the advice

9 hours ago, liamstears said:

Do you have the item number if there are more for sale?

Sorry, can't help on the updates question, never changed my Sat Nav card since owning the car from April 2015.

5 hours ago, Zico said:

Do you have the item number if there are more for sale?

Sorry, can't help on the updates question, never changed my Sat Nav card since owning the car from April 2015.

eBay item number 282931004945

Arrived quickly too

Thanks Liam. Does is appear genuine? Item listing mentions about not in original packaging etc. and at the price less than half of the FordParts price, I'm wary of it being a fake card.

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

Thanks Liam. Does is appear genuine? Item listing mentions about not in original packaging etc. and at the price less than half of the FordParts price, I'm wary of it being a fake card.

Honestly.....

No idea

I have nothing to compare it to, going from a v7 card it just worked instantly once plugged in, I do remember when putting in the v7 card for the first time the system updated but it didn't with this new card

With nothing to compare it to I can't be sure but it is working...

Taken a chance and ordered.

I see ford uk site has renamed the file from Sync1 update file to MAJUXXMTKUGE1. I just downloaded it, thinking it may be an update of the update. But when trying to Install sync it still says files not found...

2 hours ago, Rob The Gringo said:

I see ford uk site has renamed the file from Sync1 update file to MAJUXXMTKUGE1. I just downloaded it, thinking it may be an update of the update. But when trying to Install sync it still says files not found...

Done a quick dif, same update but they have changed autoinstall and install lst's

Still says E1BT-14D546-KB instead of E1BT-14D546-KC though

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, JayLews said:

Thanks for the reply @Maovi. I tried again but it didn't work so I found an old USB 2.0 flash drive, copied the files to that and it worked! I've no idea why it wouldn't work on a USB 3.0 flash drive since it can read the files but the problem is solved so I'm happy!

I vaguely remember having to use a different USB drive when I upgraded to 5.9. I don't recall any issues of having to rename or move files on the USB drive when I got things working.

Have just finished getting 5.11 installed. This time round I made sure that the file names and paths were as per @Maovi's post:

In addition to this, I went into the Disk Management option under Windows 10 and deleted the partition on my USB stick and made it so that it was 2GB in size and formatted to Fat32. Finally after this and the file remaining as above, it worked.

Looking for a bit of advice here. I am Currenly on 5.8 and want to update to 5.11 . I am using Sync 1.1 on aE1BT-14D544-AK. What is the upgrade path ? Do i need to go to 5.9 the 5.11 ?

When using my VIm on the Ford site I am told that I  have no updates when i have.

Hi Martyn. You should be able to upgrade straight to 5.11 from 5.8.

I'm not sure what Fiesta you've got (model 2008 in your tag) so maybe the VIN number still records the original stereo system that came fitted by default.

In comparison, my ST3 VIN reported that there were no updates for my system but I used the VIN for a 2017 Mk7 Titanium X (which has the same spec stereo etc.) and the update worked.

Can Anyone recommend a USB stick brand. As I have now tried 5 different sticks and still get the " sync installation files not found". I have renamed the KB/KC file as well but still no good, Any ideas

Many thanks

What size USB stick are you trying to use? I used an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit drive which, after formatting it to 2GB and FAT32, seemed to work (that and I moved the CAB files out of the SyncMyRide folder and edited the install files so that they looked for the cab files on the root of the USB drive).

See @Maovi's post:

Hello Zico.

I have used a 2 , 4, 8, 8, 16.

i followed your posts on this yesterday. Tried everything you suggested. Just about to buy a sandisk off amazon give that a go...