ecreative

Ford Sync Updates

Hi Guys, How can i tell what version of Sync i have? I understand the system and have some numbers listed under the 'system info' but can't see a 'sync version' ? I will upload photos of what i have got...

Lucas

Does the track information now work via bluetooth for you?

Apple issue! The track info works for my friends 2014 fiesta. Someone at fords telling you porkies

Lucas,

I've put these images up before in another thread, but I believe these are the relevant ones for the SYNC and radio software. As you can see there's a big difference between yours and mine. This was an April 2014 build, Titanium

post-53284-140630285432_thumb.jpg

post-53284-140630287551_thumb.jpg

And AppLink works fine. It's crap, but it works.

Willy, worryingly that statement you posted says "SYNC can't display info" not "your version of SYNC". If they mean SYNC generally then they're obviously a) lying or b ) incompetent

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I think it goes back to the statement about the early sync systems being non updatable, mines is an early version

post-5052-0-25677300-1406304568_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-87063500-1406304583_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-35694300-1406304598_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-21794300-1406304612_thumb.jp

How did this end? I've got a an 12/2014 Focus Titanium and I'm trying to find out if there is an update and how to do it. It's still appears only US citizens can update their cars! Not sure if anything is linked but my cruise control don't seam to be working either / I've done something wrong... 

that is quite interesting. I rented a ford focus built in Jan 2014 and that one showed track name in bluetooth mode.

Now I have bought a Focus built in March 2014 and it doesn't show the track info. I need to take it to the dealer to get a window fixed so I might say my bluetooth unit is freezing... or something :)

On 21/01/2016 at 8:08 PM, lucaskennedy265@icloud.com said:

Hello, interestingly I've had an update from my local ford dealer regarding the sync updates just last week. They said they had recieved a memo saying the update facility would be put online in the first half of this year.. I guess we'll see if they follow through. My guess is they'll have it online in December lol..

Do you know if this is only for Sync 2, or will Fiestas with Sync 1 get an update too? I think Ford are still selling Fiestas with Sync 1 but could be wrong.

1 hour ago, lucaskennedy265@icloud.com said:

Siri eyes free will be available to Sync 1 and 2 owners but CarPlay will only be made available to Sync 3 users onwards 

is this a hardware limitation or a marketing decision?

3 hours ago, cjay1 said:

is this a hardware limitation or a marketing decision?

carplay most likely needs touch screen...

I used this link to update my sync (2015 Fiesta) and it actually worked

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/sync-support?userguide=1249145337414&v=101

You'll need to register your car details on the site and use Internet Explorer to download the files onto an empty usb stick formatted to fat32.

13 minutes ago, Willy said:

I used this link to update my sync (2015 Fiesta) and it actually worked

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/sync-support?userguide=1249145337414&v=101

You'll need to register your car details on the site and used Internet Explorer to download the files onto an empty usb stick formatted to fat32.

Same here, it worked perfectly for me and I am now able to use Siri through Sync by holding down the button for a couple of seconds. Also my track names etc. do appear when using bluetooth with my iPhone running IOS 9.2

I'm doing nothing wrong but it keeps saying.
The entered CAPTCHA code was incorrect. Please enter the correct CAPTCHA code.
On the Indian site...

Edit: It worked with Internet Explorer ¬¬

Either I am already on the latest update or I don't know how to update Sync in the car :).

This is my version:

Update name: E1BT-14D544-AG

13C SYNC Gen1.1 Release for EU Region

Also I had a bit of fun and games downloading the software onto the USB stick as I had IE in Protected Mode at first which prevented the ActiveX running.

Hello

How does it word i downoaded it to a usb stick put it in the car and then????????????

Hello

How does it word i downoaded it to a usb stick put it in the car and then????????????

b163476abd91352b08f23e018443f776.jpg

don't see how this would void warranty as it is genuine ford software only given to correct vehicles identified by vin number.

anybody know whats changed latest update E1BT-14D544-AL carnt get the change log up

Confusingly in the same box it says both "Update Available. Update name:EA5T-14D544-AD" and "There is no software available to update for SYNC™ 2 users now. New software is coming soon"

When trying to download I get this error "There was a problem with the system or we are unable to download latest software. Please try again. If error persist, take you vehicle to dealer for latest installation."

Anyone got it to download?