Do Not Sell My Personal Information

auto central locking

blodger59

Hi all

does anyone know if the remote can be reconfiguerd so the doors will auto lock when moving off, on my previous fords this can be done, the dealer did not know, but i'm not suprised :rolleyes:

Do you have keyless?

My mates keyless focus has to be locked on the button.

hi

no i havn't got keyless entry, what i'm trying to find out is there a way to reconfigure the locking so the doors will autolock when moving faster than 5mph, most modern cars have this facilty

hi

no i havn't got keyless entry, what i'm trying to find out is there a way to reconfigure the locking so the doors will autolock when moving faster than 5mph, most modern cars have this facilty

Not the fiesta im afraid. I asked the head mechanic and he said its not possible.

Really wish it was, and if you find a way please tell me :)

Not the fiesta im afraid. I asked the head mechanic and he said its not possible.

Really wish it was, and if you find a way please tell me :)

Ok thanks for that :(

Chin up :P we'll get through this together :lol:

lol :D i didnt' mean to sound sad! :)

The Mini and Pug 207, I learnt to drive in, both did this, it was cool!!

I wish the Fiesta did it as well! Lol.

The first car I drove (my Mum's...) was a Megane Coupe - it could be set to lock its doors when it hit 5mph. Great, thought I, much more secure.

That is until I had a massive accident in the car on the motorway at night and the fire brigade had to cut the doors off to get me out. If they hadn't been locked I'd have been out much faster. Can't say it's a feature I'd use again!

The first car I drove (my Mum's...) was a Megane Coupe - it could be set to lock its doors when it hit 5mph. Great, thought I, much more secure.

That is until I had a massive accident in the car on the motorway at night and the fire brigade had to cut the doors off to get me out. If they hadn't been locked I'd have been out much faster. Can't say it's a feature I'd use again!

Sorry to hear this dude. Sounds like a dangerous feature? Imagine if the car had caught light, you would have burned for sure :o properly not good. Did you get a wounding?

Jonny - I was fine actually. My luck with driving isn't great actually, possibly due to the number of miles I do each year. That was the first of three accidents I've had (none my fault). That one left me in hospital for a while with some pretty serious injuries, the other 2 (both in Fords) I've walked away from.

I believe the system in the Renault relied too heavily on the electronics to lock/unlock the doors. No power - no unlock for the doors. Silly French cars. I'm sure that Fords are much more sensible and it probably wouldn't apply, but I still won't use this feature again!

Good to hear you didn't get mashed. Totally understand mate! Before I passed my test I had a motor bike, ended with a RTC (not my fault either) couldn't walk for 5 months! Happy days! All I could do it sit on my sofa drinking scotch...

Happy days!

After a time you get to look forward to visiting those evil physios! :)

Sounds terrible - hopefully that's your 3 over with now. I usually lock my doors incase someone jumps in or tries to pinch my handbag

With some auto central locking cars, if you pull the drivers side door handle, it unlocks the car.

Don't know if its mechanical or electrical though.

Jonny - I was fine actually. My luck with driving isn't great actually, possibly due to the number of miles I do each year. That was the first of three accidents I've had (none my fault). That one left me in hospital for a while with some pretty serious injuries, the other 2 (both in Fords) I've walked away from.

I believe the system in the Renault relied too heavily on the electronics to lock/unlock the doors. No power - no unlock for the doors. Silly French cars. I'm sure that Fords are much more sensible and it probably wouldn't apply, but I still won't use this feature again!

The mk 1 megane actually has a button on the inside which locks and unlocks the doors and is a remarkable car I've had very few problems with mine unlike the blasted focus we have which is half the age but has been on the back on a tow truck three times in two months. Plus the ncap score for the Mk 1 megane is higher the Focus mk1.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club