Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

My Mate Hit A Deer (Graphic Pic)

carper1994

Stuck inside his bumper and radiator. Insurance won't give him a penny..

post-53089-0-22227100-1399404942_thumb.j

Nasty, though why won't the insurance pay out?

because its a wild animal lol

Shouldn't matter if its a wild animal or not, if it is comprehensive insurance they should pay out....

Oh Deer!

• Like 7

!Removed! hell sssssssh and the insurers wont pay up,who are you insured with fella.

Black 55 3.0ghiax,s/steel zorst 57i st spoiler,carbon mirrors,red callipers,black indi's.

NIce! lol, first time I have ever seen a car swallow an animal :p

As for the insurance, they should cover all damage, as long as the owner pays the appropriate costs towards the repair (excess). Regardless of the entity causing the damage, its still classed as an accident? unless the insurer states in small print that the only insurance offered is for a vehicle versus vehicle collision, then they cant refuse the claim?

• Like 1

I can only assume they only have Third Party cover, at least the other party won't be making a claim lol

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

The unlucky fella will be done for poaching next. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F

The unlucky fella will be done for poaching next. ;)

I'm sure you'll know this pointless fact but he wouldn't be legally be able to take the deer home and eat it, however any car following(or anyone else for that matter) would be able to :)

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies lads.

What the insurance company are saying is they will pay for it but it will go down as his fault because they cant claim against a wild animal. and apparently it was his fault..

I'm not too up on insurance, but that to me sounds ridiculous.

The insurance company is LV so i f i was you lot id steer well clear from them,

Yet another insurance company taking our money and not giving anything back...

Kieran

That's how all insurance companies work mate. If you claim for an accident it's always your fault unless another party accepts responsibility. Obviously in this case the driver has to accept it even if it isn't.

Because he has admitted to having an accident, even though they haven't paid out he's admitting a fault to the insurance company, so is his no claims/premium going to be affected next year..?

Yes

When you renew / get insurance you are asked if you've been involved in an accident in the last 3 years.

I was hit by another car and they admitted liability but my insurance went up because I had been involved in an accident even though it wasn't my fault.

The system encourages people to be dishonest about there accidents.

Always protect any no claims as you will loose the lot if you claim.

Clive, can you arrest this fellas friend? it would appear to me he took the dear home in his bumper and parked it in his garage! :p

As for the insurance they really are very good at stuffing customers, I hope that they do get to sense.

would that be classed as 'kosher or halal' meat as its now bled out?

• Like 1

Lol,

Insurance is a load of crap nowadays!!

They should really consider banning deer from using the road, or at least make them the learn the green cross code (the one they advertise with the hedgehog, as hedgehogs have good road sense and never get run over of course). Either that or make them take out third party insurance before using it. Not sure if this would need to include fire and theft too, do deer often get set alight or spontaneously combust?

• Like 2

HAHAHAHAHA

lol, well spontaneous combustion of human tissue is said to be viable, so I dont see why they couldnt? however, when they lay on a lit cigarette, what do they expect?

I hope he remembered to speed up.

are you going with the theory of "if you hit it harder it might bounce further"? :p

• Like 1

No it's a general rule in the US, " if there is deer in the road........ Speed up " think because it's guarantees death to the Deer and their giant Yank trucks will go over it rather than send it over the bonnet and into the windscreen. Or just for the traditional American blood lust they have out there.

My mam always said that fast food is no good for you,didnt this deers mum warn him about fast cars,tut tut these young deers dont listen to a word of advice.:p

Black 55 3.0ghiax,ss straight thru,57i,black hekos&indi's red

calipers,cf mirrors,st lip,leather/alcantara,50kmiles.

He hit it doing 100mph so i dont think the deer had much chance surviving. lol