Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 - Fitting Facelift Headlights To Pre-Facelift Model

Hi

So my facelift headlights arrived today from eBay, now I just need some help on fitting them. If anybody could tell me how to remove the old units I would appreciate it.

I already bought a pair of clear indicator bulbs but not sure how they are fitted, I have a rough idea but would like some confirmation. Also can the sidelight and headlight bulbs from the old headlights be fitted in the new headlights as I would like to fit them tonight and haven't bought any bulbs to fit to the new units except for the indicator bulbs.

I know its a lot to ask for a step-by-step guide but really need as much help as I can get here as this is really the first mod (if you can call it a mod) I have ever made to a car.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't got pictures for a step by step guide but il try and describe best i can

Open the bonnet as normal

On either side of the grill you will

See two sort of prongs that go further towards the engine than the rest of it

If you pull both of them up the girll should pull forwards and then can be lifted out

You then have access to the 3 screws on each headlight unit

You can either use a torx or a large flat blade screwdriver

Once the 3 screws are undone, pull the headlight out slightly and disconnect the power cable

Refitting is just the reversal of removal

If you get stuck the user manual May have pictures to show you

The indicator bulbs need clear ones as you know, the cap should just twist off the headlight unit and the bulb can be put in

The headlight and sidelight bulbs are a straight swap and fit in the new headlight the same way they are removed from the old one

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi again Chris, thanks for replying.

I didn't get around to fitting them tonight. Thanks for the instructions, although I do still have a couple of questions.

I have given the lights another look over and have twisted the cap for the indicator bulb and had a look inside, does the bulb fit into the cap itself because I cant see how it would fit otherwise?

And for the sidelights I'm assuming I have to fit the bulb into the black connector and then slot it back into place?

And is it the same situation for the for the main headlights, I see the is a type of bracket, is that to hold the bulb in place.

I didn't even get around to taking the old lights out tonight so I have no idea what the inside of the them look like, will it make more sense when I take them out and have had a look at how they are configured?

Once again, many thanks and sorry for showing my ignorance.

Hi again Chris, thanks for replying.

I didn't get around to fitting them tonight. Thanks for the instructions, although I do still have a couple of questions.

I have given the lights another look over and have twisted the cap for the indicator bulb and had a look inside, does the bulb fit into the cap itself because I cant see how it would fit otherwise?

And for the sidelights I'm assuming I have to fit the bulb into the black connector and then slot it back into place?

And is it the same situation for the for the main headlights, I see the is a type of bracket, is that to hold the bulb in place.

I didn't even get around to taking the old lights out tonight so I have no idea what the inside of the them look like, will it make more sense when I take them out and have had a look at how they are configured?

Once again, many thanks and sorry for showing my ignorance.

Not to worry mate, it's what the forums are for! I'm sure with some experience you yourself will return the favour eventually :D

Anyways, the indicators do indeed go into the cap, and then clip back into the slot you took it from, same with the sidelights. The main/dipped beam bulbs have a metal retaining clip designed so that you can only fit the bulb in one way! They're all pretty simple, but don't hesitate to ask again if you're stuck! :)

Additionally on the headlight removal from the car, there's a clip very similar to the glovebox clips where you have to give it a decent tug to remove the headlight from the car! Same with putting it back in, locate it and give it a decent shove! Don't be afraid to break anything, but have a bit of mechanical sympathy if all goes to worst, it's pretty simple and they are designed to come in and out so don't worry!

Again give us a shout if you need any assistance! :)

Good luck!

Hi, just finished fitting my new headlights. Thanks for all your help. Car looks a lot better, at least I think so anyway. Have kept the old headlights, they are wrapped up in bubble wrap and in boxes to stop them getting scratched and damaged, plus I thought I can sell them with the car when I decide to sell it.

Got a couple of other little jobs I want to do now, if anybody knows where I can get a mesh badge-less grill from, please let me know and want to change the orange side repeaters to clear ones. Think I'll avoid changing the rear lights as I've heard you have to do some re-wiring for the addition of a second reverse light.

But again, big thanks to everyone who helped, really appreciate it.

The bulb for the indicator fits into the cap that you remove

Iirc, if you look on the cap that twists off, it will have 2 metal contacts which when it is installed into the headlight unit will make a circuit and will give power to the indicator bulbs

If you find that they aren't working, try giving the cap a little bit of a twist because sometimes it's just the contacts that aren't aligned properly

The sidelights: they have a rubber cap that has to be removed from the back of the headlight unit

You should then see a sort of plug with 2 wires going into it, this just pulls out and then the headlight bulb slots into that

The headlight bulbs: again you have to remove a cover to gain access to them

On your original headlights it's a big black cap that you have to twist on the back of the headlight unit and then you will see the back of the bulb

To remove you should first disconnect the power cable and then it has a sort of metal spring clip holding the bulb in place

At first these can be tricky to remove but once you have done one you should be able to do the others easily

One side of it sort of presses in and unclips from the little clip (sorry not a very good description but you should be able to figure it out by playing with it)

When you are refitting the headlight bulbs, your notice that it has 3 tabs on the lightbulb itself these make sure that the bulb is oriented the correct way in the headlight unit and then the connector should fit back on once you have fitted the retaining clip

-If you have problems with the headlights not working, it can sometimes be tricky to get the 3 pins of the headlight bulb into exactly the right place on the connector

Once you have got the headlights fitted it would advise going down to a garage that does MOT testing to get your headlights aligned so that they are pointing in the right direction and not blinding other people while your driving

This cost me around £15 I think

I would also to say to be careful when putting the power connector onto the headlight unit as I had a problem with mine where I didn't put the connector on quite straight and I bent one of the pins on the connector and caused a couple of problems when I tested them, but can be easily rectified as long as the damage isn't too bad

If I still had my fiesta id take some pictures because I'm sure reading all of this must be very confusing if you've never done it before

If you've got any other questions il try and reply as soon as I can

Just read your reply and realised that my post has only just sent:(

I put clear side repeaters on mine and it made the car look a lot nicer, gave it a bit more of a premium look

Would be good to see your car with your new headlights fitted!

That was mine with the facelift headlights and clear side repeaters

Makes even the basic model look much better in my case

post-36859-139961005597_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I know this is an old topic, but didn't really know who else to ask. When you changed you headlights and side repeaters, did you tell your insurance, does it count as a modification?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's really a modification, they come as standard and are a genuine replacement

But even if you did I can't imagine it being much more

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Do you know what bulb you use for the indicator on the facelift headlamps? 

• 4 years later...

Hello from Greece! I know that is an old post but I want to ask... I have a 2004 Fiesta..Can I put straight away the 2006 facelift headlights? Here they told me that maybe I ll must change the front bumper and the bonnet!! Any help?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club