Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp System Fault!

jonnyc170

I had similar faults on mine in the past, can’t remember if there are specific fault codes for each ABS sensor or I found it by process of elimination but the connector for the sensor behind the wheel hub had gotten damaged giving intermittent connection.

Got a new fly lead for the connector and was able to swap the plug over without having to replace the full cable. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

My problem (ESP light on after going into boost) was due to a boost leak. Pipe from turbo, hard pipe, pipe into intercooler checked, hard pipe was rusty (which is going to give you a bad seal) so I took it back to bare metal with a 80 grit flap wheel on a grinder, primed and painted. Replaced rubber pipes with silicone ones and got good quality hose clamps. 

My car was upped to stage 2 which probably exposed the failing seal on the hard pipe because it is now running at 20psi on boost. I have a K&N filter which does not cause the issue. 

Problem now gone. I boost and no ESP light! 

Don't you mean EML? ESP is the Electronic Stability Program, which is what this thread was about - 2 years ago!

4 hours ago, mjt said:

ESP is the Electronic Stability Program

Well that's disappointing. I always thought my car had paranormal powers and could tell the future  🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club