Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Boot Mechanism....

A18NHH

Hi all,

Well after buying my Focus MK2 2005 in Feb I've encountered what i believe to be my first issue....

If my memory serves me right when I pressed the key fob to unlock the car this used to unlock all the doors and also the boot - however now it seems the boot doesn't unlock with the doors

The boots does however unlock when I press the boot button on the fob.....

Any ideas?

Focus MK2 2005, GHIA

All perfectly normal.

The boot unlocks with the key button or opens with the button between the numberplate lights when the car is unlocked.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Hi, thanks for the reply - I didn't explain too well sorry - when i unlock the doors with the fob and try and open the boot using the handle between the number plate light nothing happens - I'll then have to press the boot button on the fob to make it 'pop' open... I therefore assume this isn't normal?

It could be that water has got into the boot switch. These can be replaced but you can probably take the thing out, clean it up and dry it out and get it operating again.

• Like 1

I get where you're coming from now.

The boot switch does have a habit of corroding and gumming up.

Gain access to the switch by removing the hatch liner and undoing the bolts holding the trim in place so you can have a good look at the switch mechanism and wiring.

New switches are not expensive and are reasonably straightforward to replace, it may just need a good clean and spraying with contact cleaner/WD40.

Sent from my SM-G900F

again...cheers or the replies guys.

I'll hope for some nice weather this weekend so i can get to it and have a look see if i can't fix it with some WD40

Is there a long term solution/anything i can do to protect the part?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club