Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Or Esp

vince_13

over the last few days Ive heard quite a lot of noises coming from the wheels when going over bumpers and pot holes etc

some of them i have seen the ESP warning light come on and some haven't, but today i heard roughly 4 clicks that sounded like abs but no warning light

are ABS and ESP the same thing? btw these noises sound exactly like the same noise you get when you have pulled away from a junction and you are traveling more than 10mph

ABS - AntiLock Braking system - this is where your car thinks that its skidding and so in order to combat this, it jabs the brakes on and off repeatedly until it doesnt think its going to die.

ESP - Electronic Stability Program - This is where your car thinks that you are about to sweve and fishtail, so it jabs on the ABS on a particular combination of wheel/s in order to control your car more and stop you fishtailing.

If you are hearing clicks, its likely the ABS is active, the light only comes on when there is a fault, not when it is in use. It could be worth giving your sensors a clean, given there position its likely that they are dirty and just cant see right, causing them to think the car is skidding and being cautious and applying the ABS

thanks for the explanation, it appears then that when i heard the multiple clicks it could of been the ESP appyling the ABS to multiple wheels or a single wheel repeatedly

do the ABS sensors read off the hub of the wheel or the disc?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club