Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Dab Radio Totally Dead Along With Other Faults

nufsedok

good evening.

I have a 2011 Grand C Max titanium X with the sony dab unit installed.
While driving on Saturday the radio totally stopped as if my daughter
had switched it off and the small display screen on the console above
the radio went totally black. The On/off button failed to bring it back
to life. I also noticed shortly after that my voice control paddle on
the right of the steering wheel was no longer requesting an input when
pulled and then I noticed that the rear parking sensors were also not
working when trying to park.

Obviously this all sounded like a fuse had gone so checking the handbook
it says fuse 79 (voice control/radio/navigation/dvd/cd/door lockbutton)
was the correct one. Checked this and it was fine but replaced it
anyway just in case. Then tried the fuse 67 (information and
entertainment display) and 69 ( Instrument cluster) but these were both
fine too. I then proceeded to check all fuses to the car ie engine
compartment, boot compartment and passenger footwell panel and couldn't
find anything blown.

Any clues out there?

If you pull the Radio out it should have it's own fuse in the back of it as well, give that a check.

if the rear fuse on the radio hasnt resolved it, then check the wiring looms in the GEM Board int he passenger footwell and make sure that all the harnesses are securely in place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I have the same fault at the moment and have to wait for June 16th for ford to look at it.I have ckecked looms and fuses but still same fault.Has any body solved the problem yet.

Hi Newbie

I had to send a serious compaint to Fords Customer Relationship Centre about the entire episode I have had with fords trying to fix this problem. (Fords had my vehicle for 4 days amd said they had spent over 9 hours looking at it but then wanted to charge me £350 for a further 3 hours worth of investigations with no guarantee that they would find the fault).

In the end I did recieve a nice email back from Ford Customer Relationship Centre asking me to book it back into my local Ford dealership would would repair the fault free of charge. They have now had my car for 2 days and today I didn't get a call to let me know they had solved the problem or even to give me an update on how they were getting on with it. Needless to say they will be getting another email from me to complain about their total lack of customer service.

I will let you know if they ever manage to diagnose the problem and what they found it to be.

keep in touch

Hi

Maybe they will have sorted it by time mine goes in. I wondered if they had changed the sony unit as I think it could be that.When I reverse and press the radio on button I get my rear sensor guide on the display but no sound.If you do not press radio on you get nothing.

Look forward to you getting sorted.

Best regards

graham

Got to love these guys, some are cowboys! definately get that email out there. I would also be looking for a refund or a part refund at least for the diagnostics.

hi jeebowhite

I refused to pay the £350 and demanded they returned my vehicle unfixed as they had had it for 4 days and I needed my car for the weekend. They couldn't even diagnose the fault and said that the pc had turned up 31 faults which all would need exploring?

It was after this that I emailed their head office customer relationship centre who arranged with the dealership to book it in for a free of charge repair. :) Bet that went down well with them!

I sent another email to their customer services last night to say that I wouldn't be contacting the dealership for an update any more and that I would let the customer services chase them up on my behalf and get back to me with an update. Customer services rang me at 3pm today to say they had chatted with the dealership and they were very sorry that no-one had rung me back yesterday and were even more sorry to say that the needed to keep the car again tonight to repair it tomorrow. Customer services also told me that she had asked the dealership to give me a call to confirm that everything ws going to be fixed tomorrow and to appologize for everything.

Guess what? They didn't bother to ring me :)

Another email going off to customer services tonight to keep them updated with their dealerships incredibly poor service. Just jope that the car is fixed tomorrow and that I will never have to set foot on their forecourt again.

Will post an update tomorrow night to keep you all informed of the progress

hopefully Graham this will help you out with getting your diagnosed too.

Darren

Cant say I blame you for doing what you did, but its a disappointment that you still get ignored.

Fingers crossed they actually sort themselves out this time.

joy at last :)

picked up car today and all fixed (no charge either.)

Even got a big phonecall appology from Dagenham motors about not keeping me informed of thier progress over the past few days.

The report says they replaced the FCDIM (Front control/display interface module) which has cured the radio, bluetooth, voice control and rear parking sensors.

Strange thing is that I have still have all of my pre-programmed tel numbers and bluetooth connected phones come up when I start up so I guess all of these items and stored elsewhere on some other memory in the dash or radio system.

At least it works though and that is the main thing so I guess this is a happy ending

Darren

Good Result Darren,

its not the unit they replaced directly, its just the interface module between what you see and what goes on in the backend :) so thats why everything appears the same.

Good result none the less!

Good result in the end.My car is booked in under warranty and I will inform them before they start work as to your results and bad service.I have in the past had some doggy dealings with servicing at a ford franchise.It went in for service and came out with sensors left unplugged and air pipes off,this led engine fault light being on by time I was home.Not impressed. Thanks for all the info .

Cheers

Graham

I forgot to ask if you know we're this module is so I could check connections.

Cheers

Graham

Hi graham

the FCID screen is the small one above the radio under the rear view mirror which shows the time/temp etc. Not excatly sure where the module is that they say they replaced. (if they replaced it at all - they may have just found a loose wiring harness somewhere else) The wiring loom for all of this may be in the passenger or drivers footwell for all iKnow. Sorry but can't be any more use for this one.

Darren

• 4 weeks later...

They looked at the car on June 16th and said the sony radio is faulty,we are ordering another.Just rang and waiting for them to ring back,Still all sorts off and has been sine before whit bank hol.Next car will be something else????..

at least its a warranty fix I guess!

• 5 years later...

sorry to bump an old post but where is the rear fuse and how do you access it?

my 2012 titanium has no power to any of the radio/info system/phone etc it just went off while i was driving and think it may be this fuse that's been mentioned as the footwell ones seemed ok.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, omegastoopreme said:

sorry to bump an old post but where is the rear fuse and how do you access it?

my 2012 titanium has no power to any of the radio/info system/phone etc it just went off while i was driving and think it may be this fuse that's been mentioned as the footwell ones seemed ok.

hi 

did you manage to fix the issue as i am havig the same issue

thanks

andy

Hello Andy, welcome to the Ford Onwers Club.

This thread is so old (started back in 2014) and mixed up you would be better starting a new thread in the Focus forum.

If I remember correctly there is a fuse on the back of the radio but you will have to remove it to be able to get at it. Then of course a Fuse doesn't blow without a reason so it is probable your radio is faulty.