Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

pagdodd

Hi

I have a Mondeo MK4 Titanium X Business Edition, with Touch Screen Sat Nav.

The problem I have is that the DAB has stopped working after only having the car for a couple weeks from new.

According to my local Ford garage there needs to be a firmware update which is "coming"

Do anyone know if/when this might be, or any other quick fixes?

I have attached a photo of unit for reference..

post-54203-0-90028700-1399626915_thumb.j

I have exactly the same car and picked it up on 23rd April.

My DAB works fine in principle however I am a little shocked there are only 5 presets.

If I have my iPhone plugged in, regardless if I am listening to it or not and simply unplug it to get out the car, the radio unit defaults to LW just to annoy me each time I get back into the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah, mine switches to LW too when I unplug my iPod, but only when the power is on when I unplug.

But I generally leave mine in there anyway as I purchased a 160gb iPod classic to only use in the car :-)

I went into my local Ford dealer and they said there is a software issue with the Sat Nav touchscreen DAB's which stops it finding any stations (just constantly seeks)

I am just confused how it would work originally but then stop..

Does it receive over the air updates? Via whatever is uses for "Dynamic" Navigation for traffic?

No not as far as I am aware it doesn't, I have just tried "seeking" on mine and it's picking stuff up no problem

I'm confused why ford would pass this off as a simple software update when clearly it's more than that

Indeed, me too. But we have to jump through hoops :-/

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

So, been trying to investigate a little more myself.

It seems that the DAB will not tune at all, even manually it will not move along the bands.

I have tried taking the SD card out in case there's a conflicting file. But the DAB wont work at all without it in.

I find it a little odd that the Maps SD card affects the DAB.

Also, tried to find a software update myself by putting the part number in. (BS7T-19H449-CAD) But no joy.

Does anyone know how to do a complete factory reset of the unit? Going through the menus and selecting reset on all settings doesn't seem to do anything. Other than resetting the presets on FM. DAB presets stay as they were but still don't work

Can you not upgrade it yourself using the ford etis website to get the correct file?

I'm certain that's all a dealership would do

Thank you.

Didn't know about that site. Will have a look now.

Etis.ford.com

Just enter your reg or vin and shows all the details of your car as well as any software updates that are available.

I still think it's a faulty unit as mine isn't doing it and our cars are almost the same age

cheers again.

Seemingly no updates available for Sat Nav SD or DAB

I too think its a faulty unit.

Ford said an update is coming next month so will have to wait and see. If only to prove it's not that...

Ford are talking rubbish, why would software suddenly disable your dab but not mine?

It is clearly a faulty unit that requires replacement

DAB is rubbish anyway, national signal propagation is poor and likely to get worse now 4G is rolling out everywhere and disrupting adjacent frequencies.

You'd do better with streaming Internet radio.

Still waiting for the update. I have been in a couple times since and they are adamant this software update will fix it.

So frustrating. I probably won't use it but being a techie, I hate that it doesn't work and I can't fix myself :)

Mine has also done this, DAB has stopped working completely. Tried the usual reset, but no luck. It will be coming up with its first service soon, so I was hoping they will have a look for me! did enjoy listening to the 80 and 90 DAB channels!

Glad it's not just me :)

• Like 1

I did reset my system settings on the DAB unit hoping this would have solved the issue (it didn't) and now the SatNav has gone back to Kilometers. I did work it out last time, but can't remember. I tried setting Imperial/standard via the steering wheel/stick control but this made no difference. Can someone remind me how to change it back to Miles? Ta muchly.

It's in the language settings. There are two "English" options

• Like 1

On the touchscreen unit itself, you go into the settings menu, select languages and there is English metric and English imperial.

• Like 1

Thanks both all sorted now. Shame the DAB still isn't working :(

Get it booked in to ford as I suspect it's a failure of the dab module or the touchscreen unit.

I will get them to look at it when its due its first service, which won't be long end of June.

I finally got to speak to the service Manager today at my local Ford and he insisted that a software update will fix it. Apparently Blaupunkt have released the fix but imissed a load of serial numbers off? So the new expected date is 16th June. So got to call them after then.

Ok thanks for the info. We see what happens :)

I'm sorry but the software update is utter tripe, if it was a software issue the unit would have never worked at all and certainly not worked fine and then one day just give up totally.

Secondly, if it was a software issue wouldn't it effect each and ever unit not just a few random ones?????

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club