Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

pagdodd

I am not entirely convinced either. But gotta jump through hoops

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have Mondeo MK4 Titanium X Business Edition 2013 had the car 10 days, 6 months old 2811 miles. Yesterday DAB stopped working, exactly the some problem as pagdodd, everything else working fine. Love my new car to bits been waiting ages to get the one I wanted, but going to Ford Monday heres hoping.

Hi I have Mondeo MK4 Titanium X Business Edition 2013 had the car 10 days, 6 months old 2811 miles. Yesterday DAB stopped working, exactly the some problem as pagdodd, everything else working fine. Love my new car to bits been waiting ages to get the one I wanted, but going to Ford Monday heres hoping.

Welcome, be interesting to see what your ford dealer says :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the software update finally came out.

Took the car in to local dealer, 1.5 hours later it was fixed!

Software update and new "module" apparently.

Ah so the real fault was a module failure, the software update is just a load of rubbish to fob people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Not sure what they meant by that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

My understanding is that they have replaced the DAB module and carried out a generic software update due to fitting the new part.

The software update itself will have done nothing as the DAB module had failed and needed to be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a faulty DAB on my Mondeo Titanium X BE company car since it was delivered in October 2013

I could tune 20 stations but as soon as you drove off it would break up and lose all stations with the head unit (SatNav) displaying DAB not available.

After multiple visits to local main dealer, I got fed up with having the "we have tried a software reset" and "another module behind the dash has been replaced" so I went to another Ford dealer in Stone,

They were really helpful and between themselves, the lease company and Ford found the fault this week. (But not before the main head unit was swapped out but the fault was still there).

The problem is with the diversity aerials in the two rear most windows (the side ones with filaments in them). There is a module

BS7T-18C847-AB

http://bettaautopartsonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=8419&osCsid=00d10i0itmahlrjkopka006gc1

This is fitted in the head lining above the window and connects to the window by the black 10mm X 25mm moulding you can see on the top of the window. (There is a 75mm lead that goes from the moulding and plugs in to the module above the FoMoCo logo in the picture)

In my case the modules had been fitted incorrectly at the point of manufacture.

A new module - type number BS7T-18C847-AB was refitted

Drove home and then 30 miles to work with BBC 2 working perfectly and another 38 stations stored.

Result! - However It took 8 months and I suspect that unless you have a lease company behind you Ford wouldn't have looked into the problem.

Hope this helps and I hope you get yours fixed as the DAB is so much better than FM!

• Like 1

Well. Mine WAS fixed. But as you described above, it's stopped again. Booked back in next Wednesday

How have you stored 38 DAB stations? Mine only allows 5 to be stored

The travelpilot nx unit only store five station all each band would allow about 15 station for fm total

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

When I said 38 channels stored - perhaps what I should have said was each time I changed Blocks, more new stations were available in the List option. What I was trying to show was that the radio nolonger dropped the stations it had found when the car was stationary while I was moving. :-)

Have you changed the aerial? They are known to fail on these DAB cars and have to be replaced. May be worth trying to get the dealer to swap it for you as an experiment.

To Adam

Just had a play with the channel store on the SATNAV unit and did a bit of lateral thinking !!

If you tune a station from a BLOCK and store it by holding down one of the 5 touchscreen preset buttons it is locked in

However if you press the touchscreen LIST button you can see all the stations available in that BLOCK and from the LIST function you can select one any of them.

I tried this and locked in one station from each BLOCK on subsequent touchscreen preset buttons.

Now I have a station from each BLOCK to select from. Then from there, using the LIST button, I can display a list of all stations in that BLOCK.

This means that I can access all 39 available from the touchscreeen without retuning across BLOCKs

(I only needed 4 presets 12B- BBC2, 11D - Tlksport, 11B - Smooth and 12D - Heat)

I hope that makes it easier for you to access channels

RE the comment about replacement aerials - I would agree as the external ones can be affected by moisture ingress(My previous Mondeo had this type). However the new Fords are being fitted with diversity antennas built into the rear glass (cleans up the roofline but adds to the complexity!!) . This is the type I have and uses the module I mentioned.

• Like 1

Ah ok no problem. :)

Ah right yeah that makes sense. Can you then access any station from a saved block from the steering wheel controls?

No because the steering wheel control only does the preset not the list below it.

However, As its my wife who changes the channels when she is a passenger she couldn't reach that button !!! :- )

I'm just not sure if I see any benefit in saving a "block" as a preset rather than one of the most listened to stations.

I think if I had 38 to choose from I would just spend all day flicking through only to hear the last 30 seconds of a song.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to become a "me too" but my unit has also ceased working on dab - won't pick up or tune any stations after 9 months of successful use. Fortunately it is going in for a service tomorrow, so hopefully they will look at this. I concur with previous comments that this can't be a software issue after 9 months usage.

Incidentally, I noticed (from day 1) that if I selected the auto time/date option, it gave the time as one hour ahead (as though I was on the continent) even with all settings for UK BST/GMT. Anyone else had this problem ?

Mine was sorted when it when in for its first service. They 'reset' the device, they did a complete firmware reset better than we can do. Hopefully yours well get sorted as well.

Mine stopped last week and was in the local dealer today for a service.

They have been advised by ford not to fit any more modules as they will stop again.

They were advised today that there will be a software update at the end of the month.

However the DAB is now working after the service, I think they must of disconnected the battery as the electric windows don't go up automatically (just hold the button up to fix that),

maybe that could be a short term fix until the update is available.

Paul.

I've said it before and I will say it again, a software update will not fix this problem. This is a hardware issue.

So, not been back for a while.

I have had mine in twice now. They fixed it but then it stopped again. So took it back for them to do a hard reset and it has been working solidly for a few weeks now.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd join this exclusive club.

After renewing my mondeo to a titanium x sport 5 months ago my car has developed this seemingly common

Dab radio issue. Everything else on the module works fine except DAB radio. Not a massive problem but one what shouldn't happen nevertheless.

Car is going back to the dealer on Friday morning but I don't hold out much hope.

Will keep people informed as to what the deduce.

Cheers. Paul.

Mine had to go back after the DAB failed again - see previous posts.

The lease company have now agreed to take the car back and replace it due to the many issues with it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club