Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

pagdodd

Well Ford have had it two days cant fix it. Ive not actually spoken to them about it as its been taken to ford by the dealer I got the car off. Im off on holiday tomorrow so needed car back so there going to try it again when I get back!...

I noticed a few people have pulled the fuse I would try that but I do not have keycode, dealer said on newer cars they dont all need them not sure I beileve them on that or not.. Is there any way of finding out apart from pulling the plug!

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my car back from a different Ford Garage. GK of Somercoates. They reloaded the software (not sure if a newer version or not) DAB works fine now...

Last time I posted that Ford (Technical) told me they expected to have a software update available in August. That deadline passed and they phoned to say they now expect it to be available in the second week of September. I'll let you know when I get the call to take my car in for an update

I dont know if some of these garages know what there doing to be honest. MY car was initially in at Fords in Belper for 2 days and they could not fix it. So I took it today under warranty to another local ford delaer and as mentioned above they told me they just updated the software and it worked!.... fingers crossed for you.

Hi All,

First post on this forum :)

I've been following this thread for a couple of months as I also have the DAB radio failure problem :(

Mine is a 2013 Titanium X BE, bought 2 months ago and the DAB radio stopped 2 weeks after I bought it ! I traveled 250 miles to a Ford dealer to get the EXACT specification of Mondeo I was after and DAB was high on my list. I put it into my local Ford dealer (after reading this thread) and was told the same as everyone else - it needs a software update from Ford and there's no date for when it will be available. The dealer is calling me each week, but with the same message - they're waiting for Ford.

I have to say, my own opinion is rather cynical and Ford know what the issue is, but it will cost them so much to fix it, they're just fobbing people off with the "update" and waiting for the factory warranty to expire so they don't have to sort it ? As far as I know this also affects other Ford models - C-max, Kuga, etc ? I wonder how many people are affected by this ?

So, I'm interested to see the post from "swilt170571" that your dealer applied an update and it fixed it - you don't have any details I can give to my dealer at all ?

Also, "Big System" - do you have the reference from the Ford technical Department for the pending upgrade that I can pass onto my dealer ?

Thanks all, please keep the posts coming with any progress.

I can understand your cynicism ZXRMAN and I felt the same. We could be forgiven for thinking that Ford would not have much enthusiasm for finding a solution after a new model Mondeo was launched. However there has definitely been a change in the regular dialogue I've been having with Ford Customer Relations Centre. The first target date that they gave me for the new software was in August and when that passed they revised the date to next week. So I'll give them another week before I escalate this further. I may be naive but I don't see why they would quote specific dates if they weren't actually working on a software update. The only reference number I have with Ford is my complaint number which wouldn't mean much to your dealer. I'm fairly confident that when software is available then dealers will be notified through Fords bulletin system and I'll post here when I have news. Ford do ring me fairly consistently on Fridays so I guess I'll give them until September 18th. I still have the option to return my car and get a refund which I've felt is rather cutting off my nose to spite my face but it could yet come to that

Hi guys, its been a week now and my DAB is still working since Ford in Somercoates Derbyshire told me they re-installed the software but im not sure if it was new or old they put on. I will go and have a look at the menu later see if it gives any information.

However

Before it went !Removed! up for me I had Talksport and Absouloute Radio working with no interference at all. Now its breaking up all the time. Other stations are ok though. Not sure if this is related or some external interference on these channels but I dont think so as my DAB in the house works fine.

If you paid for your Car on Credit Card I think your covered under some form of credit insurance, maybe they can help escalate it or threaten the car sold you is not what you purchased so I want a full refund!..

Thanks for that. Judging by members experience on this site there is no obvious pattern to the DAB failure...some newer cars like mine, some a bit older. I've no idea what triggers the failure. Some have found the DAB works after a reset / power down and in some cases it's failed again. My approach has been to push Ford to sort the problem out and to get them to accept that the car is faulty. So I'm waiting for their solution, due next week. I haven't attempted to fix it myself by for example pulling the fuse because if the fault re-appears in the future I won't have the same option of getting my money back.

Ive a Ford Mondeo 2013, mine is "working" at moment but i was interested in pulling the fuse but it doesnt look like I have a code for the radio, do newer cars still need them do you know?

Anyway Ive also looked at what the "secret menu " Press Menu + Nav Button" says for version and this is what I get

MAN_VER_SW 4041_130410

REG_VERSION DI_SWNAV19.3C4P10

Thanks both.

It seems there have been a number of different "fixes", some successful and some not. I'm sure my dealer pulled the fuse or disconnected the battery as I had to reset the "one shot" window settings when I got it back.

For reference, I checked my S/W versions and they are identical to "swilt", so it looks like your dealer may have just reloaded the latest version they have.

I'm still waiting to see if Ford come up with a solution before going down the legal route. To be honest, it's Ford that are at fault and not the dealer, but I suppose it would be the dealer I would have to take legal action against ? I don't actually want a refund and return the car - I just want a fix !

Lets hope something is forthcoming from ford in the next couple of weeks.

Keep us posted ZXRMAN

By the way how do you find your mpg, Ive got Mondeo Titanium X 2013 2Litre and find it awful struggle to get mid 40's no matter what type of drive I do.

Im just about to drive to Heathrow so 300 mile retrun journey and im not going to go above 70 to see what it does..

I just about achieve 40 mpg brim to brim from the TXS - hoping for more when it's run in a bit more :(

This is of no use to you at all but just thought I would mention it, I have a 64 reg Focus navigator and no problems with DAB unless I blow the horn it then looses all DAB stations for about 2/3 mins then they return.It does this every time without fail its a bit of a party piece, sad as I am.

I find that DAB coverage is patchy on the move & I think it's not really realistic to compare DAB coverage at home to that in a moving vehicle

Keep us posted ZXRMAN

By the way how do you find your mpg, Ive got Mondeo Titanium X 2013 2Litre and find it awful struggle to get mid 40's no matter what type of drive I do.

Im just about to drive to Heathrow so 300 mile retrun journey and im not going to go above 70 to see what it does..

I get an average of 43mpg, with mixed driving. (Around 50mpg on motorways.)

I have never found it to be particularly economical, but it isn't bad.

and hasn't improved, even though I have now exceeded 24,000 miles.

Well im now sat in Heathrow and it looks to have done around 50mpg.

Talksport and Absouloute Radio were perfect for the 140 miles on the motorway for me once I got out of the townm I live which used to be perfect before DAB packed up !!!

According to the trip computer I get 47mpg which is a mixture of urban/A road & motorway (2.0 163bhp). Not done a long run on motorway yet to see what I can get there. My old Mk3 Mondeo used to give me 55mpg - but again that is the trip computer and not brim-to-brim.

Glad your DAB worked OK - I'm hoping mine will again soon :-)

My 2.0, 140bhp does around 49mpg on average and 53 on a long run (according to the trip computer) and that's driving very steadily . A head wind will easily reduce that by 5mpg. I think the official figure for combined mpg is around 62. My previous 09 plate of the same model averaged 47 against a combined rating of 47.9. I did check the trip computer on that car and it was consistently about 2mpg high.

Got the same dab problem dealer has had car for two days and can't solve the problem has just rung me tell me there is a new software update out tomorrow 16th sept 2015 hope that this will solve the problem.

Hi lets us know if you get it installed and working!.... thanks

Mmc18

I haven't had a call from Ford yet but 16th September is the date they gave me too so that's promising

Hi Big Systems, your version looks to me as though its a new version with mine being 4041_130410 which helped get mine working again.... lets hope the new software released tomorrow fixes it for everyone if it does im going to ask for an upgrade anyway...

Just got my car back from ford dealer guess what still not working.Dealer says they will contact me when they have a further update.

Today was the day I was told by Ford that the software update would be ready. Needless to say Ford Customer Relations Centre phoned me today and for the second time they've told me that it's not ready by the promised date but they'll keep chasing it. I also discovered that when Ford CRC phone me each week they have first phoned my dealer (Arnold Clark) because "the dealers find out before they do when technical bulletins are issued ". Priceless. So, we're still waiting

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club